Hakuna Matata
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Hakuna Matata

It's A Problem Free, Philosophy...

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Religion Thread

Go down 
+2
Simba
Spyder Fox
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Spyder Fox
Girly Fox Boy
Spyder Fox

Number of posts : 466
Registration date : 2006-07-06

Religion Thread Empty
PostSubject: Religion Thread   Religion Thread EmptyWed 12 Jul - 12:37

Guess this is a thread where you can post stuff about religion and stuffers...I guess mostly for arguements and junk since most people argue over it...but if anyone got some positives about religion hopefully...then go wild. =^.^=

I myself am not very religious, just thought this thread would be a good idea since religion does seem to be a part of peoples lives. ^.^

I'll join in though if things get interesting, good or bad. ^_^

I was born Catholic by the way, but eh...don't really take it to heart...to be perfectly honest, I myself don't belive in God. I just try and hope for a better future for myself and if I ever have any...very unlikey unless I adopt or actually get a wife, my children. That's MY drive...however weak it may be at the moment...to live. =^.^=
Back to top Go down
Simba
The Lion KING
Simba

Number of posts : 1326

Religion Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Religion Thread   Religion Thread EmptyWed 12 Jul - 12:56

I believe in God, And Am a Protestant.

I'm driven to go to college, get married and have kids. God helps me get though that stuff. It's a lot better than going through a lone.
Back to top Go down
https://simbastudio55.forumotion.com
Spyder Fox
Girly Fox Boy
Spyder Fox

Religion Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Religion Thread   Religion Thread EmptyWed 12 Jul - 13:01

You'll never go through it alone so long as people are there...like a girlfriend, boyfriend, friends, family, teachers, aquaintences. ^^

Like this guy back at job corps had a cousin who actually can write out scolarships. Since I had the highest score on my GED at job corps within the past ten years or something of that nature, he sent him a copy of my GED score and I got a scolarship from someone I didn't even know. ^.^

Well...I did pay him back by helping him study for HIS GED...so we both got a good deal out of it. =^.^=
Back to top Go down
Mugiwara
Fire Logia

Number of posts : 652

Religion Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Religion Thread   Religion Thread EmptyWed 12 Jul - 14:33

God? That sort of thing is so old-fashioned. Everything can now be logically explained with science. Besides, no good can come out of religion in my opinion. Think of all of the wars and lynchings and what-not that have happened because of religion.
Back to top Go down
Ray
Admin
Ray

Number of posts : 277
Registration date : 2006-07-09

Religion Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Religion Thread   Religion Thread EmptyWed 12 Jul - 19:45

I became athiest when a catholic preacher started saying I was a demon spawn, Basterd child, A waste of life that shoulda been aborted.

Now I;m wiccan
Back to top Go down
Spyder Fox
Girly Fox Boy
Spyder Fox

Religion Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Religion Thread   Religion Thread EmptyWed 12 Jul - 21:41

I sorta agree with Mugi there...cept the whole science thing cause some of it is like...hypothotheses and stuff. It IS sorta old fashioned and DID start a few wars here and there...I have nothing against religion or anything like that...just when people shove it down my throat or say I'm gonna go to hell...or that's a sin...y'know...that sorta thing...I was told by my own mother that I was gonna go burn in hell because of me being a TB...I hate that sorta stuff.
Back to top Go down
Simba
The Lion KING
Simba

Religion Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Religion Thread   Religion Thread EmptyWed 12 Jul - 21:51

Spyder Fox wrote:
I sorta agree with Mugi there...cept the whole science thing cause some of it is like...hypothotheses and stuff. It IS sorta old fashioned and DID start a few wars here and there...I have nothing against religion or anything like that...just when people shove it down my throat or say I'm gonna go to hell...or that's a sin...y'know...that sorta thing...I was told by my own mother that I was gonna go burn in hell because of me being a TB...I hate that sorta stuff.

:scratches head:

not according to anything I've read, If God were to send man to hell for a fetish than about 75% of men and woman on this planet would be going there. Rolling Eyes

I did read something along the lines, that If you're going to have a fetish or something of that nature, that you do not do it in the open, but rather "Dig a Hole" meaning not do it in the open, I don't know though, I think I read that off of a what does the bible say about DL thing.
Back to top Go down
Spyder Fox
Girly Fox Boy
Spyder Fox

Religion Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Religion Thread   Religion Thread EmptyWed 12 Jul - 21:54

Only 75%? Hee hee...more like...97% of the population. Razz

Everyone has their little...erm...fetish of sorts...guess my mom doesn't have one since she kinda damned me to hell for mine...lol. Has for not to do it in public...yeah that makes sense...I just wish that my mom wasn't nosy and looked through all my stuff like a nosy...well...parent. Good thing she doesn't know I'm bi. Razz
Back to top Go down
Simba
The Lion KING
Simba

Religion Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Religion Thread   Religion Thread EmptyWed 12 Jul - 21:58

Spyder Fox wrote:
Only 75%? Hee hee...more like...97% of the population. Razz

Everyone has their little...erm...fetish of sorts...guess my mom doesn't have one since she kinda damned me to hell for mine...lol. Has for not to do it in public...yeah that makes sense...I just wish that my mom wasn't nosy and looked through all my stuff like a nosy...well...parent. Good thing she doesn't know I'm bi. Razz

Trust me I don't want to my Parent's fetishs as well, I think my auctually kinda knows about mine, BUT, I'd rather not bring it up to him and vice versa.

Heres one thing I found out about having a DL fetish and God.

Acceptance from God
The evaluation of infantilism should include all facets, including the spiritual and social. God loves us, and knows we aren't perfect. However, we should still carefully evaluate the morality of infantilism. While there are some Biblical references that can be applied, Christian morality is not black-and-white on this issue.

A blanket statement either way has dire risks. Simply concluding that it is sinful will force many to stand against their paraphilia. This is a terrible burden, and many Churches are ill-equipped to help. God is able to do all things, certainly, but we don't jump off bridges just so He can catch us (Matthew 4:5-7). We must be sure of our reasons and convictions. The alternative would be to say that infantilism is not sinful. The danger here is that a blanket moral statement - leveraged by an unsatisfied hunger - might drive people to act against their convictions. Acting against one's convictions is always a sin ( 1Corinthians 8:7 , 10:25-29 , Romans 14:14 ). There are dire risks either way. Each of us must draw our own conclusion about the matter.

Making peace with myself and God is an ongoing process. However, God's love and acceptance isn't at stake. They are a gift, delivered in Jesus Christ.
http://understanding.infantilism.org/faith.php
Back to top Go down
Simba
The Lion KING
Simba

Religion Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Religion Thread   Religion Thread EmptyWed 12 Jul - 22:07

I truly do agree with the private thing, You get made fun of if other people other than yourself were to find out about it Common Sense IMO, Nobody has ever heard of furries and stuff like that around here that I've met. Though I did meet a kid who had all this Wolf stuff in his room, I kinda suspected he was, But that is nothing you really come up and talk to about.
Back to top Go down
Mugiwara
Fire Logia

Number of posts : 652

Religion Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Religion Thread   Religion Thread EmptyWed 12 Jul - 22:12

This one is for you, Spyder...

http://www.werewolves.org/~two/Rants/2rant-prayer.mp3

"You guys worship Jesus Christ? That was Mikhail's D&D character!"
Back to top Go down
Spyder Fox
Girly Fox Boy
Spyder Fox

Religion Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Religion Thread   Religion Thread EmptyWed 12 Jul - 22:13

Actually, my friend brought up something that his friend is a furry. I was like...oh I'm a furry too...he got all like..."O RLY?" on me...I asked him what was wrong and everything and he wondered if I had ever done an animal before or have an animal suit I wear...had to explain to him what the differences of a furry and a beasti was...least he understands now... =^.^=

If I had met the kid I'd probably say something like, "I'm guessing you like wolves...?" He'd probably say, "Yeah..." and I'd be like, "That's awesome...but foxes are better..." and he'd get all mad and stuff and say, "No they're not...a wolf can kill a fox any day." and I'd say, "Yet they don't cause they can't find them...you never see a fox...only saw." and the conversation would probably keep on going until we get bored. Razz
Back to top Go down
Simba
The Lion KING
Simba

Religion Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Religion Thread   Religion Thread EmptyWed 12 Jul - 22:17

Spyder Fox wrote:
Actually, my friend brought up something that his friend is a furry. I was like...oh I'm a furry too...he got all like..."O RLY?" on me...I asked him what was wrong and everything and he wondered if I had ever done an animal before or have an animal suit I wear...had to explain to him what the differences of a furry and a beasti was...least he understands now... =^.^=

If I had met the kid I'd probably say something like, "I'm guessing you like wolves...?" He'd probably say, "Yeah..." and I'd be like, "That's awesome...but foxes are better..." and he'd get all mad and stuff and say, "No they're not...a wolf can kill a fox any day." and I'd say, "Yet they don't cause they can't find them...you never see a fox...only saw." and the conversation would probably keep on going until we get bored. Razz

..That was before I got my Simba persona though, I would have done that. I have done stuff like that, I kept saying I like Lions in Bio class, No One ever said anything.

Fursuits for me our out the question, just seem really stupid to me.

..And who would ever want to fuck an animal, as a human, LOL, thats sick IMO.
Back to top Go down
Spyder Fox
Girly Fox Boy
Spyder Fox

Religion Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Religion Thread   Religion Thread EmptyWed 12 Jul - 22:20

Personally, I find it rather creepy too...I would never hold it against someone if they did...have known people like that...she even had a video of herself getting done by a dog...no I didn't see it...but just said, "Oh...alrighty then." when she told me about it.

I don't want an entire fursuit...I want fox ears though. Just cause they're cute. =^.^=

BACK TO RELIGION!

Sorry to make this little...erm...I guess pretty bad comment about Catholic religion...but my dad proves a very good point in this aspect on why he switched to being a Christian...is that Catholic's...in his opinion...have set prayers...when he used to go to the priests that they would tell him to say a few hail marys and he'll be forgiven...now that I'm here typing this...I feel a little bothered by it... =O_o=
Back to top Go down
Simba
The Lion KING
Simba

Religion Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Religion Thread   Religion Thread EmptyWed 12 Jul - 22:23

Spyder Fox wrote:
Personally, I find it rather creepy too...I would never hold it against someone if they did...have known people like that...she even had a video of herself getting done by a dog...no I didn't see it...but just said, "Oh...alrighty then." when she told me about it.

I don't want an entire fursuit...I want fox ears though. Just cause they're cute. =^.^=

The closet thing I might come to getting a fursuit would be getting a stuffed simba or nala or some lion just to pet and hug.

How do you get a dog to ummm do that? Rather odd freakish shit.
Back to top Go down
Simba
The Lion KING
Simba

Religion Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Religion Thread   Religion Thread EmptyWed 12 Jul - 22:25

Spyder Fox wrote:
BACK TO RELIGION!

Sorry to make this little...erm...I guess pretty bad comment about Catholic religion...but my dad proves a very good point in this aspect on why he switched to being a Christian...is that Catholic's...in his opinion...have set prayers...when he used to go to the priests that they would tell him to say a few hail marys and he'll be forgiven...now that I'm here typing this...I feel a little bothered by it... =O_o=

My dad switched as well, I think he told me after he survived a fire, He wasn't that big a catholic through college, But then somehow because of that experience he became a christian.
Back to top Go down
Spyder Fox
Girly Fox Boy
Spyder Fox

Religion Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Religion Thread   Religion Thread EmptyWed 12 Jul - 22:26

Know when a dog like...y'know...? Humps your leg...? It's trying to have sex with you. If you were to pull down your pants and bend over doggy style, then yes, that dog will do you...as icky as that sounds.
Back to top Go down
Simba
The Lion KING
Simba

Religion Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Religion Thread   Religion Thread EmptyWed 12 Jul - 22:26

Spyder Fox wrote:
Know when a dog like...y'know...? Humps your leg...? It's trying to have sex with you. If you were to pull down your pants and bend over doggy style, then yes, that dog will do you...as icky as that sounds.

euwww!
Back to top Go down
Spyder Fox
Girly Fox Boy
Spyder Fox

Religion Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Religion Thread   Religion Thread EmptyWed 12 Jul - 22:33

I'm not bothered...well...I'm bothered yes, and maybe a tiny bit flattered when a dog humps my leg. Least the dog finds me hot cause I don't think anyone else will. XD

Just kidding, just kidding... XD

I love animals...but I'll never, NEVER make love to an animal. Maybe an anthropomorphic one, but only if they're hawt. MAYBE. XD
Back to top Go down
Simba
The Lion KING
Simba

Religion Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Religion Thread   Religion Thread EmptyWed 12 Jul - 22:38

Spyder Fox wrote:
I'm not bothered...well...I'm bothered yes, and maybe a tiny bit flattered when a dog humps my leg. Least the dog finds me hot cause I don't think anyone else will. XD

Just kidding, just kidding... XD

I love animals...but I'll never, NEVER make love to an animal. Maybe an anthropomorphic one, but only if they're hawt. MAYBE. XD

If I was anthro as well, thats about the only scenario. my other err umm fetish is TF's for some weird reason.

The whole concept of being an animal to me is rather cool, But not screwing it.
Back to top Go down
Spyder Fox
Girly Fox Boy
Spyder Fox

Religion Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Religion Thread   Religion Thread EmptyWed 12 Jul - 22:49

What if you had a girlfriend that turns into a lioness on the night of a full moon? Razz

One thing that really bothers me is how religion says that being gay is a sin...I just don't understand that...why is it a sin to simply love someone? It's not my fault...like my dad said in that talk we had a few days ago, you don't want to wake up one day with a wife and kids then finally figure out..."Hey...I'm not really happy with my wife...I don't really love her..." My friend had this problem with his mother...strong strong Christian woman...I mean...hardcore...kicked him outta the house for being gay...THAT what makes me mad...bigger sin to leave your child for dead in the streets. Thankfully his BF took him in. >_<*

I know there's A LOT of people who accept gays, bis...whatever...no matter what their religion is...it's just the few that take it way too far and break ties with their children.
Back to top Go down
Simba
The Lion KING
Simba

Religion Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Religion Thread   Religion Thread EmptyWed 12 Jul - 22:58

Spyder Fox wrote:
What if you had a girlfriend that turns into a lioness on the night of a full moon? Razz

One thing that really bothers me is how religion says that being gay is a sin...I just don't understand that...why is it a sin to simply love someone? It's not my fault...like my dad said in that talk we had a few days ago, you don't want to wake up one day with a wife and kids then finally figure out..."Hey...I'm not really happy with my wife...I don't really love her..." My friend had this problem with his mother...strong strong Christian woman...I mean...hardcore...kicked him outta the house for being gay...THAT what makes me mad...bigger sin to leave your child for dead in the streets. Thankfully his BF took him in. >_<*

ummm, I think the real reason is because of the story of soddom and gomarah, where everybody was basically being Gay among other things, God Frowned Upon that, Mainly because people were not procreating, sooo, He destroyed both of the cities, I think thats where that comes from, though I'm not sure.

I'm not really sure what God thinks about gays personally, I don't think they should be pastors and stuff like that, Neither should they be very open about that type of stuff in church If they do attend it.

God Loves everyone, But it is only by the Saviour that you are going to heaven, Though I'm not sure Gays would be included in that or not. I don't speak for God, So I wouldn't Know.

I think the major part of the reason he got kicked out was not because of Religon but rather this.

Okay Imagine your a mother, you dream of your son having a beautiful wife and Grandkids, Than He turns out to be gay, Could you imagine the disapointment and such?

I've talked with my dad about it, and how a parent would feel if there son was gay and such, Would they be ashamed? He said probably not, And that I wouldn't understand being not a father.

Though He knows that I'm not gay Smile.

You do realize of course, that If Jesus did come back he wouldn't be in a church and such, But rather with those rejected by Christians, The Gays etc.
Back to top Go down
Simba
The Lion KING
Simba

Religion Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Religion Thread   Religion Thread EmptyWed 12 Jul - 23:10

Spyder Fox wrote:

I would ask her If she could bite me, so that I could be a lion on the fool moon w/her, Then we could have some fun. Very Happy.
Back to top Go down
Spyder Fox
Girly Fox Boy
Spyder Fox

Religion Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Religion Thread   Religion Thread EmptyWed 12 Jul - 23:19

He has two older brothers and a sister...they're pretty darn close to having a family. Me, even back before I accepted the fact that I'm bi I always thought of that. In fact this happened BEFORE I accepted myself. I thought it was messed up then...think it's kinda messed up now...I don't dream of my kids having anything like a beautiful wife or children...I dream of them being happy with their lives like what my dad has always hoped for me. Besides judging by the way she always...erm...took care of him and his siblings...she doesn't really care for them or their futures...she really...and I mean REALLY screwed up the middle son...she's uber controling but a bit too on the immature and irrisponsible side...sorta like with my mom and me...good thing I live with my dad now.

But anywho! Back to actual religion!

Everyone has soooooooooo many opinions on God and how he views things ect ect...I just pretty much lost a clear view on what he actually is. Very hard to belive people on what's true or not. A book says a few things, but those books were written by people with opinions of their own. Too many opinions but not enough fact...

Definitely one thing I'm happy for religion for. The hope it gives people to help move on. Hope is what pretty much kept humans alive for the amount of time they lived on Earth. Hope for a better future or afterlife or what ever.
Back to top Go down
Ray
Admin
Ray

Number of posts : 277
Registration date : 2006-07-09

Religion Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Religion Thread   Religion Thread EmptyThu 13 Jul - 6:25

I have a friend he became the steriotype of a christain I called him a bible humper because he got rid of EVERYTHING he loved when he became a christain. I mean he tossed away his Ouiji board, His harry potter books, His Star Trek books He even threw out his Final Fantasy Games because they had magic in them.

I didn't like talking to him because he was always trying to get me to go to church and was saying ALOT of anti gay/bisexual things. so one night I turned to him and said "You know what I'M bi and if you don't like it then get your bible humping face outa my life because its narrow minded people like you that make this world a worse place."

about a week later he bacame athiest ><
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Religion Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: Religion Thread   Religion Thread Empty

Back to top Go down

Religion Thread
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next