Hakuna Matata
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Hakuna Matata

It's A Problem Free, Philosophy...

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Idle chatter thread.

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Mugiwara
Fire Logia

Number of posts : 652
Registration date : 2006-07-06

Idle chatter thread. Empty
PostSubject: Idle chatter thread.   Idle chatter thread. EmptySat 16 Sep - 11:26

I made this thread because alot of times I have something interesting to share with everyone, but I don't think it merits a new thread, so I just don't say anything. This is a place where you can talk about little things. You post a little somethin' somethin' that you think merits at least a bit of discussion, and people can talk about it. When they get tired of talking about that, you can post a new subject. It's like the thread of randomness, only more... not stupid.
Back to top Go down
Spyder Fox
Girly Fox Boy
Spyder Fox

Number of posts : 466

PostSubject: Re: Idle chatter thread.   Idle chatter thread. EmptySat 16 Sep - 11:48

So...what are everyone's veiw on schooling? I'm not a big fan of it myself...I'm never interested...I feel like I'm wasting my time...even now in college. Guess choosing all your own classes doesn't actually mean that you'll find them interesting...what sucks though is that my dad's paying for it...so...meh...

So how is everyone else taking schooling?
Back to top Go down
Mugiwara
Fire Logia

PostSubject: Re: Idle chatter thread.   Idle chatter thread. EmptySat 16 Sep - 11:57

Homeschooling FTW, bro. I'm doing geometry right now.

I never really agreed with public school. All the classes, and people, and rules, and BLEEEH. I like this alot better, because I can do what I want, when I want, so long as it gets done. That's sort of my philosophy on life. So long as it gets done.

As for college... I don't know what to think of it right now, although I suppose I should be looking in to that sort of thing at this point... Hmm.
Back to top Go down
rinonno

Number of posts : 100
Registration date : 2006-09-13

PostSubject: Re: Idle chatter thread.   Idle chatter thread. EmptySat 16 Sep - 12:00

i wish i could be home schooled. oh well, hey mugi, get on AIM
Back to top Go down
-

Number of posts : 147
Registration date : 2006-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Idle chatter thread.   Idle chatter thread. EmptySat 16 Sep - 13:34

Hrm, I'm still in high-school. I'm publicly schooled, and I've hated just about every school I've gone to, except the one I'm at now. It's pretty well-established, so the class selection and the academic work is interesting and nice as long as you avoid the basic courses. Likewise with the student body: there are a few twits, but you avoid the bulk of them if you take the more difficult classes.

Personally, I'm a horrible nerd, so school's always been kind of a must for me. I know what I want to study in college but absolutely no idea what I'd do with that afterwards, for example. And I think, financially, it's a bit necessary...you can't even manage a McDonalds sans degree, these days.

So...I'd say, interesting or not, try to stick it out. If necessary, make the subject matter interesting for yourself.
Back to top Go down
TS_Chris

TS_Chris

Number of posts : 87
Registration date : 2006-08-01

PostSubject: Re: Idle chatter thread.   Idle chatter thread. EmptyMon 18 Sep - 21:28

At least for myself, I know where I am going after high school, what I want to take for college - and a general direction of where I want to go after college. The trouble is, finding a college that offers a degree in what I'm looking for. I've only found one so far, but that could cost a lot... and it's in Arizona... *sigh*
Back to top Go down
Mugiwara
Fire Logia

PostSubject: Re: Idle chatter thread.   Idle chatter thread. EmptyThu 28 Sep - 18:07

Good god. I consider myself to be somewhat of an internet veteran. I've seen most of what it has to offer. I've been exposed to the power 5, I've seen all of the stupid viral videos, I've skimmed through the darkest most horrible fanfics... I thought nothing on the internet could shake me. Until today. I'm just sort of truckin' around the interweb, y'know? I come across this webcomic, and I start reading it. I know that it's a horrible disgusting thing at first glance, what with it revolving around the life of an abused, raped girl with no limbs... But it's funny! Not funny like lol she got no armz funny, it's a truly funny comic! I enjoy it, and keep reading. It goes from funny, to horribly funny, to kind of adorable, to horribly funny, back to adorable, then it turns into one of the most horrible depressing things I've ever read. God damn. I thought I was immune to the horrors of the internet, but this got me genuinely depressed. I guess... There is always something worse.

Luckly for me, I know how to bounce back from depression. SUPER MARIO 3!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Idle chatter thread.   Idle chatter thread. Empty

Back to top Go down

Idle chatter thread.
Page 1 of 1