Hakuna Matata
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Hakuna Matata

It's A Problem Free, Philosophy...

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

I like girls again.

Go down 
+3
Azlan
Mugiwara
Spyder Fox
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
TS_Chris

TS_Chris

Number of posts : 87
Registration date : 2006-08-01

I like girls again. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: I like girls again.   I like girls again. - Page 2 EmptyThu 17 Aug - 3:24

I'm feeling too lazy to save the picture, upload it to photobucket, then stick it in here, so I'm just giving a link instead: http://www.duelinganalogs.com/?date=2006-01-26

Hey, it's 4:30 a.m. for me right now. What the fuck am I doing up at 4:30 a.m. in the morning? You tell me.

No seriously, I have no fucking clue why I haven't gone to sleep yet...
Back to top Go down
Spyder Fox
Girly Fox Boy
Spyder Fox

Number of posts : 466
Registration date : 2006-07-06

PostSubject: Re: I like girls again.   I like girls again. - Page 2 EmptyThu 17 Aug - 3:44

ChronoSquare wrote:
I'm feeling too lazy to save the picture, upload it to photobucket, then stick it in here, so I'm just giving a link instead: http://www.duelinganalogs.com/?date=2006-01-26

Hey, it's 4:30 a.m. for me right now. What the fuck am I doing up at 4:30 a.m. in the morning? You tell me.

No seriously, I have no fucking clue why I haven't gone to sleep yet...

Huh...? I don't get it...what's this have to do with sexuality? O_o
Back to top Go down
-

Number of posts : 147
Registration date : 2006-07-17

PostSubject: Re: I like girls again.   I like girls again. - Page 2 EmptyThu 17 Aug - 6:01

Rainbow man! *shock and awe* That comic's amusing. I must remember to check it more often.
Back to top Go down
Myoti
Kopa (Simba's Son..)
Myoti

Number of posts : 212
Registration date : 2006-08-29

PostSubject: Re: I like girls again.   I like girls again. - Page 2 EmptyTue 29 Aug - 21:47

I have gay friends. I don't support what they do, but I always try support them as a friend.

And no one has to discuss this (if it somehow ends up in an argument...), but I thought it was an interesting read. =)
Back to top Go down
-

Number of posts : 147
Registration date : 2006-07-17

PostSubject: Re: I like girls again.   I like girls again. - Page 2 EmptyTue 29 Aug - 23:18

Myoti wrote:
And no one has to discuss this (if it somehow ends up in an argument...), but I thought it was an interesting read. =)

It was an interesting headache, at least...I think the "sympathetic" anti-gay pieces annoy me more than the straight, wingnut bashing you see sometimes. Because I can never figure out...do these people really believe these unsubstantiated, baseless thing they parade about as true? If they do, are they just lying through their teeth with all their "love the sinner, hate the sin" stuff? And, if they don't, if they really wonder about the validity of it, before they say it, why don't they get the facts?

I won't bother getting into a more detailed refutation of the thing, since, really, I don't have the time and it would inevitably "end up in an argument," but I will hit on some points that are, quite frankly, full of holes.

I'm sure I don't need to note, for example, that all major medical and mental health organizations in America agree that there is no evidence to support the "gays can change" thing, let alone the "gays should change" thing. The idea that pink bikes and long hair make you gay is even more absurd...a quick glance at the vast number of masculine, dominant gay men out there might as well refute this bit.

So I'll skip the majority of it and cut to the "False Myths About Gays" section:

Quote :
They Enjoy it - No they don't. Every Gay I've ever spoken to, online and face to face, has told me their sad story. Of how they use to dream of being straight, or wish it could all go away. I'm telling you. Emotions are powerful. Very powerful, and people will follow them to the ends of the earth. The way they see it, "They are Human and they need to be loved just like everybody else does" and if you were gay you'd want that too. Don't ever say you wouldn't.

This guy must've been speaking to a very select group of gays. I'm sorry, but I can quite happily say that I don't just enjoy being gay, I love it. The idea of turning straight doesn't seem like some Paradise for me, it creeps me out...just like I'm sure the idea of altering a big part of oneself would creep out a lot of people.

Sure, there are plenty of gays who would probably leap at the chance to become straight. To assume this is because they just don't like being gay is idiotic...maybe they just don't like being gay in a society that thinks that's a sin. I'm sure that, if my family and friends hadn't been so accepting of me, I wouldn't like being gay, either.

Quote :
It's Genetic - a study at a famous university proved this wrong, i remember a researcher claimed he had found that homosexuality was caused by a gene. He just wanted attention.

I'm not sure of the specifics the author talks about here; quite frankly, I haven't seen any study definitively claiming that a "gay gene" has been found. I know there have been some that have asserted that a possibility of it was found and another that contradicted that, but the specifics, as related to this, allude me.

Personally, though, I'm not a fan of the "genetic" theory...nor of the alternative that it's a "choice" or a "psychological response" to, as the author puts it, "defects." Scientific study has shown conclusively that male pheromones stimulate gay men in ways they simply don't in straight men. Pheromones are hormones, simple, chemical messengers...unless we've suddenly gained the ability to choose how those ribosomes produce proteins, those second two possibilities are right out. Likewise, studies have shown conclusively that a mother's second son is more likely to be gay, suggesting a physical link in utero. If there's a lack of evidence for the "gay gene" theory, there's evidence to specifically refute the "choice" and "psychological defense" theories.

Quote :
They Want to be gay - deep down inside. If you were to offer any gay man or woman on earth a magic lamp with a genie inside. The first thing they'd wish for is a normal life. To be straight. Ignorantly some might deny this. Funny, because at night before they go to sleep God only knows how much they've cryed to be normal.

...Psh. Whenever I see something like this I wonder how offended people like this would be if I started in on, "All straight people wish they were gay." (And, as someone who's replied to "Everyone knows there's a God; it's just that some deny it" in a similar fashion, I can actually say that the answer is probably quite a bit.)

There's just something so insulting about someone claiming that they know exactly how all people in a certain group feel about a certain thing. If the author actually did go through a period of sexual confusion (and I say if because, mean though it may sound to say, quite frankly, the facts show that it's far from unknown for stories like this to be B.S. Just look at all those abused, former-druggie, former-Satanists who turned out to be full of it, once the Satanic Panic period ended.), it's very likely he hated the idea of being "gay." That doesn't mean his experience holds true for that of all people who have ever found themselves aroused by a member of the same sex.

I can personally say that I've never shed a tear over it nor had the urge to. But I guess I'm just "ignorantly denying this" and forcibly replacing all those memories of pain and anguish with memories of shopping for flowers for my boyfriend.

Or maybe not. Rolling Eyes

...Okay, maybe that was a bit too argumentative. But, in my defense, you can't post something with that many leaps in logic, let alone rather insulting assumptions and then pretend that it's not going to be a bit inflammatory.
Back to top Go down
Myoti
Kopa (Simba's Son..)
Myoti

Number of posts : 212
Registration date : 2006-08-29

PostSubject: Re: I like girls again.   I like girls again. - Page 2 EmptyWed 30 Aug - 5:33

*shrugs*

You can always try talking with him if you disagree. Tis all I say.
Back to top Go down
Spyder Fox
Girly Fox Boy
Spyder Fox

Number of posts : 466
Registration date : 2006-07-06

PostSubject: Re: I like girls again.   I like girls again. - Page 2 EmptyWed 30 Aug - 15:09

Personally, I love being gay too Pen. ^.^
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I like girls again.   I like girls again. - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

I like girls again.
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hakuna Matata :: Main-
Jump to: