Hakuna Matata
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Hakuna Matata

It's A Problem Free, Philosophy...

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Simba...The Enemy to artists Everywhere?

Go down 
+3
Ray
Spyder Fox
Simba
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Simba
The Lion KING
Simba

Number of posts : 1326
Registration date : 2006-07-06

Simba...The Enemy to artists Everywhere? Empty
PostSubject: Simba...The Enemy to artists Everywhere?   Simba...The Enemy to artists Everywhere? EmptyWed 26 Jul - 10:11

Pengy XIII wrote:
You mean the one asking for a commission?... This brings me to my next point, mwhahaha! XD

You constantly ask people for commissions, and you're very forward about it, when I first started talking to some other artists around here, and when I got semi, sort of good and I said I was thinking about doing commissions, they warned me "Beware of Simba if you do that!!"
Back to top Go down
https://simbastudio55.forumotion.com
Spyder Fox
Girly Fox Boy
Spyder Fox

Number of posts : 466

PostSubject: Re: Simba...The Enemy to artists Everywhere?   Simba...The Enemy to artists Everywhere? EmptyWed 26 Jul - 10:33

Hee hee hee...well maybe not the enemy to artists...more like the..."Watch out for this guy." person. =^.^=

Oh my gawd! There he is! All artists to the shelter IMMEDIATELY! Razz
Back to top Go down
Simba
The Lion KING
Simba

PostSubject: Re: Simba...The Enemy to artists Everywhere?   Simba...The Enemy to artists Everywhere? EmptyWed 26 Jul - 10:35

Spyder Fox wrote:
Hee hee hee...well maybe not the enemy to artists...more like the..."Watch out for this guy." person. =^.^=

Oh my gawd! There he is! All artists to the shelter IMMEDIATELY! Razz

So that explains why everyone kinda freaks out when I request something.

The only artist who really doesn't get pissed at me is Kit, Though I'm sure I've worn on his nerves quite a few times.
Back to top Go down
Spyder Fox
Girly Fox Boy
Spyder Fox

PostSubject: Re: Simba...The Enemy to artists Everywhere?   Simba...The Enemy to artists Everywhere? EmptyWed 26 Jul - 10:40

It was a joke if anything Simba... ^_^

And I'm STILL trying to finish that picture of you, me, and Kit but it's pretty much falling apart along with my drawing skills...much hatred for that... >.<
Back to top Go down
Simba
The Lion KING
Simba

PostSubject: Re: Simba...The Enemy to artists Everywhere?   Simba...The Enemy to artists Everywhere? EmptyWed 26 Jul - 10:51

Spyder Fox wrote:
It was a joke if anything Simba... ^_^

And I'm STILL trying to finish that picture of you, me, and Kit but it's pretty much falling apart along with my drawing skills...much hatred for that... >.<

It wasn't meant towards that comment, but just about how in general anytime I bring up a request, an Artist either doesn't respond to me now, or they make up an excuse.

Kinda makes me feel bad. Sad
Back to top Go down
Spyder Fox
Girly Fox Boy
Spyder Fox

PostSubject: Re: Simba...The Enemy to artists Everywhere?   Simba...The Enemy to artists Everywhere? EmptyWed 26 Jul - 10:52

Aww...don't feel bad Simba...how about a pet?

*Pet pets the Simba.* =^.^=
Back to top Go down
Ray
Admin
Ray

Number of posts : 277
Registration date : 2006-07-09

PostSubject: Re: Simba...The Enemy to artists Everywhere?   Simba...The Enemy to artists Everywhere? EmptyWed 26 Jul - 14:10

*pets simba as well*
Back to top Go down
-

Number of posts : 147
Registration date : 2006-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Simba...The Enemy to artists Everywhere?   Simba...The Enemy to artists Everywhere? EmptyWed 26 Jul - 16:21

Bah, I admit, the request-pestering does kind of grate on my nerves, and, apparently, the nerves of quite a few other non-artists. Not to even mention all the artists it apparently makes wary.

In the end, the vast majority of artists on FTT aren't usually doing requests...so I think that, both for the artists and the people who get annoyed over it, asking just about everyone for a request borders on excessive. Given that, apparently, many of the artists you ask for requests also get pested about when it will be done, methinks you definitely run a big risk of annoying people with it.

Artists are quite often delicate creatures, and they have absolutely no obligation to draw for anyone...so request-pestering can seem pushy and a bit inconsiderate.
Back to top Go down
Simba
The Lion KING
Simba

PostSubject: Re: Simba...The Enemy to artists Everywhere?   Simba...The Enemy to artists Everywhere? EmptyWed 26 Jul - 16:33

LeftHandedPen wrote:
Given that, apparently, many of the artists you ask for requests also get pested about when it will be done, methinks you definitely run a big risk of annoying people with it.

Artists are quite often delicate creatures, and they have absolutely no obligation to draw for anyone...so request-pestering can seem pushy and a bit inconsiderate.

The thing is, I have seriously limited myself to doing that asking about it and all, especially after Microwave getting pestered about it, which is what I think set it off. The main thing is, I'm always paranoid, that the artist would forget my request, so thats why I kinda ask a lot of the time.

But I seriously havn't really pestered people about requests and what not as of late.
Back to top Go down
-

Number of posts : 147
Registration date : 2006-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Simba...The Enemy to artists Everywhere?   Simba...The Enemy to artists Everywhere? EmptyWed 26 Jul - 16:41

Indeed, I was going to note that but forgot. >.>

My general rule of thumb, when it comes to artist requests, is not to ask unless they've made it clear that they take them, and then not to ask if they already have a ton. And then to make it clear that you're willing to wait however long it takes.

Admittedly, it means you don't get to give out many requests...but the one that I've actually went through with went along very well. ^^ ...And, come to think of it, that one was by Pengy. *chuckles*
Back to top Go down
RobTaiki

RobTaiki

Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2006-09-10

PostSubject: Re: Simba...The Enemy to artists Everywhere?   Simba...The Enemy to artists Everywhere? EmptyWed 25 Oct - 13:29

You're not my enemy, I didn't mind doing that Simba pic I did for you a while back in fact I wanted to try something new ^^
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/robtaiki
Jay
Non-FTT Artist
Jay

Number of posts : 116
Registration date : 2006-09-11

PostSubject: Re: Simba...The Enemy to artists Everywhere?   Simba...The Enemy to artists Everywhere? EmptyTue 28 Nov - 15:00

Meh, you're cool Simba, a little spastic at times, but in a good way usually. Plus, you liked my pics and made me a mod, so I got no complaints. =3
Back to top Go down
http://jaymanney4life.deviantart.com
Azlan
IRC Overlord
Azlan

Number of posts : 285
Registration date : 2006-07-13

PostSubject: Re: Simba...The Enemy to artists Everywhere?   Simba...The Enemy to artists Everywhere? EmptyTue 28 Nov - 16:37

YAY NECROING Very Happy!
--
It will be a little meme...

"Don't be a Simba".

MWAHAHAHAHAHA Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Simba...The Enemy to artists Everywhere?   Simba...The Enemy to artists Everywhere? Empty

Back to top Go down

Simba...The Enemy to artists Everywhere?
Page 1 of 1