Hakuna Matata
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Hakuna Matata

It's A Problem Free, Philosophy...

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

An interesting experiment

Go down 
+4
Kirith
Twilight
Mugiwara
Alorn
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Alorn
"One of the few babyfurs you could respect" ;)
An interesting experiment Default6
Alorn

Number of posts : 59
Registration date : 2006-11-06

An interesting experiment Empty
PostSubject: An interesting experiment   An interesting experiment EmptyWed 27 Dec - 8:56

One of my counselours was talking of using hypnosis to help treat my PTSD. I however have always been sketical of it and called her on it. She had me perform this simple test to prove the effect of the mind over the body and I can say that it worked. here is the test

Take a pencil (or any other object of similar size and shape) and hold it between your thumb and first finger. Stare at the pencil intently and say "I can drop it, I can drop it, I can drop it." Say these words repeatedly and with no interruption. During the time you are repeating the sentence over and over in this manner you can try and drop the pencil, but you will find that you can't. In fact, the harder you try to drop it, the tighter your fingers will grasp it. It is impossible for you to drop the pencil in you are following the instructions and thinking the phrase, over and over, without interuption.

This experiment demonstrates the Law of Concentrated Attention. You are saying "I can" not "I am". Change the words to "I am dropping the pencil" and it will happen at once.

(I can attest to the fact that this works. I thought it cool and decided to share it with you. Try it yourself, the results are fascinating)
Back to top Go down
Mugiwara
Fire Logia

Number of posts : 652
Registration date : 2006-07-06

PostSubject: Re: An interesting experiment   An interesting experiment EmptyWed 27 Dec - 9:06

Maybe I'm doing this wrong. I dropped the damn pencil with no problem.
Back to top Go down
Twilight

Twilight

Number of posts : 35
Registration date : 2006-12-10

PostSubject: Re: An interesting experiment   An interesting experiment EmptyWed 27 Dec - 11:31

it sorta worked but i still was able to drop it
Back to top Go down
Kirith

Kirith

Number of posts : 27
Registration date : 2006-12-24

PostSubject: Re: An interesting experiment   An interesting experiment EmptyWed 27 Dec - 11:36

I'm with Mugi, I went through the whole "I can drop it' bit for about 3 minutes before I even tried dropping it, just to be safe, and then dropped it without a problem.
Back to top Go down
Tehthul

Tehthul

Number of posts : 39
Registration date : 2006-11-04

PostSubject: Re: An interesting experiment   An interesting experiment EmptyWed 27 Dec - 13:15

I love these things I dont know why they work, as soon as I start to feel the effect of not being able to drop it I realize how stupid it is and throw the pencil across the room.
Back to top Go down
Chiclet Cheetah

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2006-12-19

PostSubject: Re: An interesting experiment   An interesting experiment EmptyFri 29 Dec - 17:39

I do this all the time, the trick is being able to convince yourself that you can't drop it. You have to truly believe it.
Back to top Go down
Maxis

Maxis

Number of posts : 132
Registration date : 2006-12-04

PostSubject: Re: An interesting experiment   An interesting experiment EmptyFri 29 Dec - 18:53

I just tried it, and it totally worked! Man, thats trippy

*sings the twilight zone theme*
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/maxymaxis
ChrisWolfe

ChrisWolfe

Number of posts : 62
Registration date : 2006-09-13

PostSubject: Re: An interesting experiment   An interesting experiment EmptyFri 29 Dec - 19:03

I had no problem dropping the pencil at all.
Back to top Go down
Twilight

Twilight

Number of posts : 35
Registration date : 2006-12-10

PostSubject: Re: An interesting experiment   An interesting experiment EmptyFri 29 Dec - 19:08

its probably like what Chiclet said, you have to truly believe it. just saying it wont do anything.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: An interesting experiment   An interesting experiment Empty

Back to top Go down

An interesting experiment
Page 1 of 1