Hakuna Matata
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Hakuna Matata

It's A Problem Free, Philosophy...

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

My silly little idea for a game...

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Mugiwara
Fire Logia

Number of posts : 652
Registration date : 2006-07-06

My silly little idea for a game... Empty
PostSubject: My silly little idea for a game...   My silly little idea for a game... EmptyWed 13 Dec - 21:50

Well, a long while back, me and my friend were having one of our usual "this would be a cool game..." conversations. I had one idea that really stuck with me, so I started writing notes and ideas in a little book. It's really nothing more than an idea now, but I'm thinking of making it a little more than that. Here's the deal;

It's called 'Armsman". That's a tentative title, of course. The main point of the game is to master all of the types of weapons, and to become really freakin' badass. I have a huge list of weapons I want to include, and I want each of them to have different strengths and weaknesses, and to have a unique set of skills. I'll now go ahead and list all of the weapons I have thought of...

(in no particular order...)

Shortsword
Longsword
Greatsword
Axe
Hammer
Club
Ice staff
Fire staff
Wind staff
Mace
Flail
Whip
Chain
Bow
Crossbow
Gun
Spear
Punch
Kick
Headbutt
Guitar
Scythe
Dagger
Katana
Kusari-Gama (A chain with a sickle on one end, and a weight on the other)
Slingshot
Pick
Claws
Baseball bat
Golf club
Knife
Boomerang
Yo-yo
Nunchaku
Shield
Thrown weapons (Rocks, shuriken, knives, AOL demo CDs, etc.)
Blowgun
Boulder

As far as classes go, you unlock them as you train with weapons. You would start the game as a whelp (or something like that), and you would choose a weapon to begin training with (you can change weapons at any time). Let's say, you start training your longsword skill. Eventually, you would gain the title "Fighter". Now, if you would train enough in shortswords, longswords, and greatswords, you would gain the title "Swordsman", and with that class, you may be able to equip two one-handed swords at once, equip a longsword in one hand, equip katana, etc. Now if you took this even further, and maxed out your skill in shortswords, longswords, greatswords, katana, and knives, you would gain the title "Blade Master", further increasing your prowess with blade weapons, and maybe unlocking hidden skills! (santouryu, anyone?)

Anyhow, the main goal would be to master all of the weapons and gain the title "Armsman". Of course, there would be a main quest as well, but I see the game being very non-linear.

Err... Now, I'm a terrible writer, so I've probably forgotten many things, but there are many points I just haven't thought of yet. PLEASE ask questions, give ideas, add to the weapon list (nothing too crazy), and maybe I could make this game more than just an idea.
Back to top Go down
Wedge

Wedge

Number of posts : 304
Registration date : 2006-09-11

PostSubject: Re: My silly little idea for a game...   My silly little idea for a game... EmptyThu 14 Dec - 9:44

You forgot flame thrower and shoulder mounted rocket launcher.
Back to top Go down
Twilight

Twilight

Number of posts : 35
Registration date : 2006-12-10

PostSubject: Re: My silly little idea for a game...   My silly little idea for a game... EmptyThu 14 Dec - 10:10

and don't forget about a hockey stick
Back to top Go down
Mugiwara
Fire Logia

PostSubject: Re: My silly little idea for a game...   My silly little idea for a game... EmptyThu 14 Dec - 10:25

Wedge wrote:
You forgot flame thrower and shoulder mounted rocket launcher.

No, I didn't really plan on having alot of modern weapons, but I'll see how it turns out. Maybe instead of a rocket launcher, a big ol' cannon could work.

Twilight wrote:
and don't forget about a hockey stick

I think I will add that, I could make a bigger sports set that way.
Back to top Go down
Alorn
"One of the few babyfurs you could respect" ;)
My silly little idea for a game... Default6
Alorn

Number of posts : 59
Registration date : 2006-11-06

PostSubject: Re: My silly little idea for a game...   My silly little idea for a game... EmptyThu 14 Dec - 18:51

Sounds cool mugi. But what about kama, gladius, halberd, and morningstar?
Back to top Go down
Mugiwara
Fire Logia

PostSubject: Re: My silly little idea for a game...   My silly little idea for a game... EmptyThu 14 Dec - 19:10

Alorn wrote:
Sounds cool mugi. But what about kama, gladius, halberd, and morningstar?

I'll add a sickle group, but a gladius would be a short sword, a halberd would be an axe or a spear, and a morningstar would be a mace. These are weapon GROUPS, not individual weapons. I suppose I should have made that clear.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My silly little idea for a game...   My silly little idea for a game... Empty

Back to top Go down

My silly little idea for a game...
Page 1 of 1