Hakuna Matata
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Hakuna Matata

It's A Problem Free, Philosophy...

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Yipee! The Politeness of Carotte and Snowfox...

Go down 
+12
Spyder Fox
Charles
Joey Jojo
Switch
Wedge
Mugiwara
kais
-
RobTaiki
ChrisWolfe
Feefers
Simba
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Simba
The Lion KING
Simba

Number of posts : 1326
Registration date : 2006-07-06

Yipee! The Politeness of Carotte and Snowfox... Empty
PostSubject: Yipee! The Politeness of Carotte and Snowfox...   Yipee! The Politeness of Carotte and Snowfox... EmptySat 28 Oct - 14:43

http://foxtalestimes.actifforum.com/ftopic2476.Okay.htm

anyways...Carrotte is probably one of the most disrespectful Webbies I have ever met, And the whole Snowfox thing doesn't shock me. Fiona Cat deserves some respect...she's a nice person..I have TONS of respect for her...She has a huge respect among the ab/dl/furry/TF community,..So treat her very meanly is pretty classless..
Back to top Go down
https://simbastudio55.forumotion.com
Feefers
Aunt Fiona/Sarafina
Feefers

Number of posts : 35
Registration date : 2006-09-14

PostSubject: Re: Yipee! The Politeness of Carotte and Snowfox...   Yipee! The Politeness of Carotte and Snowfox... EmptySat 28 Oct - 19:12

Simba wrote:
She has a huge respect among the ab/dl/furry/TF community,..So treat her very meanly is pretty classless..

I do?

Gosh if i'd know i'd have used my powers for good >.>
Back to top Go down
http://fionacat.livejournal.com
ChrisWolfe

ChrisWolfe

Number of posts : 62
Registration date : 2006-09-13

PostSubject: Re: Yipee! The Politeness of Carotte and Snowfox...   Yipee! The Politeness of Carotte and Snowfox... EmptySat 28 Oct - 22:11

Simba wrote:
.Carrotte is probably one of the most disrespectful Webbies I have ever met,

You sir, have met very few "Webbies" then.
Back to top Go down
Simba
The Lion KING
Simba

PostSubject: Re: Yipee! The Politeness of Carotte and Snowfox...   Yipee! The Politeness of Carotte and Snowfox... EmptySun 29 Oct - 6:44

Carotte wrote:
Just... when did you try to contact me Oni..?

Oh yeah, and I strongly advise anyone who wants to keep his/her account here to refrain the urge for personal attacks... because this show of overall bitchy behavior from so many members just gives me one urge :
Destroy all the "general" parts of the forum and let the website go back to what it was.

I created this forum as a mean of a tool of communication, not a playground for childish, fussy behavior and frustration vent.

So, cool off if you want to keep it, if you don't, go ahead and bitch, claw and spit at each other, I'll remove everything except the Art, Story, Game and Social forum, and a new forum for all of you to go to will be created in a matter of five minutes by someone else.

-Carotte

oooooohh....because of one fight he's possibly closing the forum?

Yeah..Carotte...Newsflash...Drama happens everywhere..Even at my little site....
Back to top Go down
RobTaiki

RobTaiki

Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2006-09-10

PostSubject: Re: Yipee! The Politeness of Carotte and Snowfox...   Yipee! The Politeness of Carotte and Snowfox... EmptySun 29 Oct - 6:54

He didn't say he was gonna close down the forum. He said he was just gonna kick-out trouble makers.
At least, I think that's what he said.
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/robtaiki
Feefers
Aunt Fiona/Sarafina
Feefers

Number of posts : 35
Registration date : 2006-09-14

PostSubject: Re: Yipee! The Politeness of Carotte and Snowfox...   Yipee! The Politeness of Carotte and Snowfox... EmptySun 29 Oct - 10:14

I think that's a clear sign that as soon as CS Fox get's back we should "discuss" moving the forums.
Back to top Go down
http://fionacat.livejournal.com
-

Number of posts : 147
Registration date : 2006-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Yipee! The Politeness of Carotte and Snowfox...   Yipee! The Politeness of Carotte and Snowfox... EmptySun 29 Oct - 10:19

...Bah, I say go for it.

I don't think that, in this specific instance, it would actually have much effect, since the little tiff was over the maintenance of the site and the posting of content, but, really, FTT would probably be better off. I'm sure there are some great members who don't contribute anything creative to the site...and, to be honest, it's been months since I did anything of the sort for it...but there are also a ton who only post random crap and borderline spam and get pissy when called over it.

Would it reduce the size of the FTT board's community? Yep, and that's a good thing. Huge board populations are annoying. Would it shift the focus much more onto the creation of art and stories and such? Yes, and that's a good thing. Honestly, shifting from random crap to that sort of thing can't be bad, and he's said the social forum would stay up, so it would still be art plus stories plus discussions of actual, personal matters.

So...I say cutting down on the boards on the board would be a good step towards sanity. >.>
Back to top Go down
kais

kais

Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2006-10-01

PostSubject: Re: Yipee! The Politeness of Carotte and Snowfox...   Yipee! The Politeness of Carotte and Snowfox... EmptySun 29 Oct - 13:33

i can agree on the size problem. but only 25% of teh people who have registerd actually post. probably less

but looking at that quote, carlotte is over reacting just a little bit much
Back to top Go down
Mugiwara
Fire Logia

Number of posts : 652

PostSubject: Re: Yipee! The Politeness of Carotte and Snowfox...   Yipee! The Politeness of Carotte and Snowfox... EmptySun 29 Oct - 17:44

I'm really glad that I don't have to deal with that sort of thing anymore.
Back to top Go down
Simba
The Lion KING
Simba

PostSubject: Re: Yipee! The Politeness of Carotte and Snowfox...   Yipee! The Politeness of Carotte and Snowfox... EmptySun 29 Oct - 17:45

Mugiwara wrote:
I'm really glad that I don't have to deal with that sort of thing anymore.

how was carotte when you were mod Mugi?

just out of curiousity...
Back to top Go down
Mugiwara
Fire Logia

PostSubject: Re: Yipee! The Politeness of Carotte and Snowfox...   Yipee! The Politeness of Carotte and Snowfox... EmptySun 29 Oct - 17:49

I never talked to him much. I always got bad vibes from him, for some reason. When I asked him he was pretty much like "NO".
Back to top Go down
Simba
The Lion KING
Simba

PostSubject: Re: Yipee! The Politeness of Carotte and Snowfox...   Yipee! The Politeness of Carotte and Snowfox... EmptySun 29 Oct - 17:50

Mugiwara wrote:
I never talked to him much. I always got bad vibes from him, for some reason. When I asked him he was pretty much like "NO".

Doesn't shock me..

pretty much everyone I've talked to..has said he has acted like a jerk to them...

Anyways....I Really want to make sure I don't end up like SCarrotte..so...If I get that far..please for the love of God, stop me...

'kay?
Back to top Go down
Wedge

Wedge

Number of posts : 304
Registration date : 2006-09-11

PostSubject: Re: Yipee! The Politeness of Carotte and Snowfox...   Yipee! The Politeness of Carotte and Snowfox... EmptySun 29 Oct - 19:02

Not a problem.
Back to top Go down
Simba
The Lion KING
Simba

PostSubject: Re: Yipee! The Politeness of Carotte and Snowfox...   Yipee! The Politeness of Carotte and Snowfox... EmptySun 29 Oct - 19:08

Wedge wrote:
Not a problem.

Thanks Wedge..:)

You're a Great Friend...

^^

Anyways...Yeah...FTT is about to go down the tubes, and SCarrotte will have no one to blame but himself...
Back to top Go down
Microwav

PostSubject: Re: Yipee! The Politeness of Carotte and Snowfox...   Yipee! The Politeness of Carotte and Snowfox... EmptySun 29 Oct - 21:59

FTT sucks. I only go there for the art forum anymore.
Back to top Go down
Switch

Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2006-10-18

PostSubject: Re: Yipee! The Politeness of Carotte and Snowfox...   Yipee! The Politeness of Carotte and Snowfox... EmptySun 29 Oct - 22:37

*scratches head* Is he really this tyrranical?
I guess he's got his quirks, true, but...
Back to top Go down
Joey Jojo

Joey Jojo

Number of posts : 146
Registration date : 2006-08-29

PostSubject: Re: Yipee! The Politeness of Carotte and Snowfox...   Yipee! The Politeness of Carotte and Snowfox... EmptyMon 30 Oct - 5:52

I agree with swich. Carotte isn't acting badly at all. He is dealing with it as best he could. Its like the presidency. People can look at a president and say "Hey, I could be him. I could use better judgement than him". 90% of the time, however, that is incorrect. Just because you have an idea that looks better, it doesnt mean it is. Carotte has to keep in mind that if he makes an exception for anybody at all, then all hell will break loose. not to mention HE created the forum, and doesnt want it to go down the tubes because of spammers and idiots. Snowfox, however, is a different matter. But for now, I side with carotte
Back to top Go down
Simba
The Lion KING
Simba

PostSubject: Re: Yipee! The Politeness of Carotte and Snowfox...   Yipee! The Politeness of Carotte and Snowfox... EmptyMon 30 Oct - 19:56

I don't know...

I personally think that if this is stressing him out this much, then he should step down and let one of the other mods be admins...
Back to top Go down
Charles

Charles

Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2006-10-30

PostSubject: Re: Yipee! The Politeness of Carotte and Snowfox...   Yipee! The Politeness of Carotte and Snowfox... EmptyMon 30 Oct - 20:40

Where to start? I've been asked to give my opinion, and I'm going to do so respectfully and honestly.

As far as tyrannical goes, I've been around the internet for quite some time now, and I'd like to assure you that there are worse people than Carotte. While he's not backwards in coming forwards with his opinion, he's professional enough to keep his duties as an administrator of a forum and his opinions seperate. While I don't know everything that goes on throughout the board, I've never once seen him use his privileges to settle a disagreement between him and another person. Be thankful that you don't have to worry about your posts getting mysteriously deleted whenever you say something against him, or something that he just doesn't like. I've seen it happen before.

With that said, I'm not sure where he can be faulted with anything other than having strong opinions and snapping at people once or twice, which is understandable. Humans err.

As far as Snowfox is involved, I'm mildly concerned regarding his place as a moderator -- he does seem somewhat thin-skinned and snappish --, I've talked to him a bit, and when he's not riled, he's pleasant to talk to. That being said, I'm also appreciative of the work that he did with the update, and while it was mildly startling to have him come out of nowhere, large and in charge, I'm not going to complain if he gets work done.

That's my two cents.
Back to top Go down
Joey Jojo

Joey Jojo

PostSubject: Re: Yipee! The Politeness of Carotte and Snowfox...   Yipee! The Politeness of Carotte and Snowfox... EmptyTue 31 Oct - 6:07

Simba wrote:
I don't know...

I personally think that if this is stressing him out this much, then he should step down and let one of the other mods be admins...

You cant promote someone to admin. Only one admin, and unless he gave his password to a mod or somebody, then he cant do it.

Oh, and we only have to deal with snowfox until CS gets back. I think...
Back to top Go down
Mugiwara
Fire Logia

PostSubject: Re: Yipee! The Politeness of Carotte and Snowfox...   Yipee! The Politeness of Carotte and Snowfox... EmptyTue 31 Oct - 14:51

Okay, could someone provide me with a concise summary of all of this? I enjoy internet drama, but can't tolerate it enough to read through it all.
Back to top Go down
Joey Jojo

Joey Jojo

PostSubject: Re: Yipee! The Politeness of Carotte and Snowfox...   Yipee! The Politeness of Carotte and Snowfox... EmptyTue 31 Oct - 15:01

Simba calls carotte a dictator because he runs a very tight ship. Feefers made a comment to snowfox about the updates, so he sent a very scathing PM to feefers telling her not to talk shit. Basically, Snowfox is very thin skinned and carotte is losing patience with the idiots on the board
Back to top Go down
kais

kais

Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2006-10-01

PostSubject: Re: Yipee! The Politeness of Carotte and Snowfox...   Yipee! The Politeness of Carotte and Snowfox... EmptyTue 31 Oct - 15:04

ok how can i put this nicely, errm...

fiona complained on the site that the updates hadn't been done. everyone all took it out on snow fox. he got pissed off and sent a rather rude pm to her. ermmmm... after a short flame war carlotte interviened with a few (my opinion) empty threats and i think thats the story so far if thats wrong then tell me

im reluctant to say anything insulting about snowfox because he was teh first person to welcome me onto FTT and we keep in contact because we have something in common and i dont just mean we are both foxes
Back to top Go down
Mugiwara
Fire Logia

PostSubject: Re: Yipee! The Politeness of Carotte and Snowfox...   Yipee! The Politeness of Carotte and Snowfox... EmptyTue 31 Oct - 15:12

God bless the internet.
Back to top Go down
Spyder Fox
Girly Fox Boy
Spyder Fox

Number of posts : 466

PostSubject: Re: Yipee! The Politeness of Carotte and Snowfox...   Yipee! The Politeness of Carotte and Snowfox... EmptyTue 31 Oct - 15:20

Joey Jojo wrote:
Simba calls carotte a dictator because he runs a very tight ship. Feefers made a comment to snowfox about the updates, so he sent a very scathing PM to feefers telling her not to talk shit. Basically, Snowfox is very thin skinned and carotte is losing patience with the idiots on the board

Actually Joey, the ship isn't held tight at all. Originally, you and me wouldn't have been aloud to visit the FTT forums at all to begin with. It was meant for the FTT artists and writers, but then others visited...and thus became a community instead...for Snow Fox...meh...I was really surprised when I saw his name with the mod green name...had no idea where he appeared from. Eh...I'm alright with him updating and stuff...but...why was he made a mod...? You don't have to be a mod to update stuff on the main site...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Yipee! The Politeness of Carotte and Snowfox...   Yipee! The Politeness of Carotte and Snowfox... Empty

Back to top Go down

Yipee! The Politeness of Carotte and Snowfox...
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next