Hakuna Matata
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Hakuna Matata

It's A Problem Free, Philosophy...

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Hell Houses..

Go down 
+3
Wedge
Mugiwara
Simba
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Simba
The Lion KING
Simba

Number of posts : 1326
Registration date : 2006-07-06

Hell Houses.. Empty
PostSubject: Hell Houses..   Hell Houses.. EmptyMon 9 Oct - 18:39

I just saw this special on Glenn Beck on how churchs will put on these skits to basically scare kids into believing what they did...

It made me sick...

They showed the First Clip...A Heavy Metal Kid who shoots up his school because "Heavy Metal Songs Told Him to"..Pay no mind that a lot of school shooters used that as a scapegoat, rather than they fact they were nutcases via Mom and Dad ignoring them...They show him hearing demons to tell him to shoot up the schools "Just like the Songs"...

Ironically though they name the Character "Jeremy"..Which is the name of a Great Pearl Jam Song about "School shootings"..And again Ironically the blame is not put on music..Rather the parents..

The 2nd one hit close to home...Considering the fact that one of my best friends on here is gay, Spyder...Showing a bunch of demons around a Gay Marriage Ceromy whilst the event is happening..Then one of the Couple dying of aids, they show demons taking him to hell..GaH! What The Hell?..Maybe this is why Spyder and Pen are atheists..Having that crap pushed in my face everyday about an angry God rather than a loving God...

3rd one was about how demons sorrounded this Cheerleader who is having an abortion...GAH! God is forgiving, It's not like because you made a mistake he's going to hate you forever..

I don't know...I guess thanks to talking with Pen and Spyder my views on Gay issues have softened...I mean they are kids just like me, they just have a different outlook on life..And I really respect that...I hope I have shown them the same as they have me...

anyways, Your Thoughts on Some of the Religous Whackos out there"?
Back to top Go down
https://simbastudio55.forumotion.com
Mugiwara
Fire Logia

Number of posts : 652

Hell Houses.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hell Houses..   Hell Houses.. EmptyMon 9 Oct - 19:04

They just want something/one to blame. Personally, I like scaring them.
Back to top Go down
Simba
The Lion KING
Simba

Hell Houses.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hell Houses..   Hell Houses.. EmptyMon 9 Oct - 19:08

Mugiwara wrote:
They just want something/one to blame. Personally, I like scaring them.

How do you scare them Mugi?

Do you print out Spyder's X-Dressing pictures?

That should scare them..^^ (NOTE: Spyder...I'm just saying that The whackos wouldn't be well adjusted for such a thing..I'm not calling it scary..)
Back to top Go down
Wedge

Wedge

Number of posts : 304
Registration date : 2006-09-11

Hell Houses.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hell Houses..   Hell Houses.. EmptyMon 9 Oct - 20:21

Ah, religious fanatics how they make me laugh. They seem to be basing their views on homosexuality mostly on one obscure passage in the old testament. Of course they seem to conveniently forget that all the laws in the old testament were voided when Jesus showed up the first time around. If you're going to use the Bible to support a view point of your's, could you please take the whole Bible into consideration?
Back to top Go down
Spyder Fox
Girly Fox Boy
Spyder Fox

Number of posts : 466

Hell Houses.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hell Houses..   Hell Houses.. EmptyMon 9 Oct - 20:52

Hee hee...well...those pictures ARE scary...even to me...I look so horrible in those pictures...anywho. Yeah, that's pretty much a few of the reasons I find religions...iffy. I wouldn't be accepted by the whole community. I'd be sinning just by living, according to some.
Back to top Go down
Simba
The Lion KING
Simba

Hell Houses.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hell Houses..   Hell Houses.. EmptyTue 10 Oct - 4:33

Spyder Fox wrote:
Hee hee...well...those pictures ARE scary...even to me...I look so horrible in those pictures...anywho. Yeah, that's pretty much a few of the reasons I find religions...iffy. I wouldn't be accepted by the whole community. I'd be sinning just by living, according to some.

The Irony being that IF Jesus were around today...He would be hanging with the people that the church would not accept..
Back to top Go down
Ray
Admin
Ray

Number of posts : 277
Registration date : 2006-07-09

Hell Houses.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hell Houses..   Hell Houses.. EmptyTue 10 Oct - 4:51

look at columbine seriously the kids that shot up that school were outcasts and were bullied all the time and their parents did not acnoladge them and who got the blame? Maralyn manson >_<
Back to top Go down
-

Number of posts : 147
Registration date : 2006-07-17

Hell Houses.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hell Houses..   Hell Houses.. EmptyTue 10 Oct - 16:00

Meh, such things bug me to some extent, but, in the end, they're basically just preaching to the choir. I expect you'd have to be a pretty confused gay guy or atheist or what not to accidentally go to one of these...and a pretty disturbed one to willingly go, but that's another story.

So...it doesn't bother me too much, in the end. One, because it's mostly, if not only, the people who already believe this that are going...and, two, because it's things like this that make people stop believing in this scary, uber-condemning breed of Christianity. Personally, I was an atheist before I had any really bad experiences with Christians...and I still don't have any really notable horror stories...but crap like this makes people really think about how "merciful" their brand of Jesus really is, so to speak.

Right now the evangelical youth movement is panicking over the possibility that only 4% of the current generation will be "true Christians" in their mold...and, though that statistic is probably an underestimation, it reflects the real truth that the Falwell, Bible-thumping, gay-hating Christianity that's so frightening is being marginalized in today's youth. If fundies want to shoot themselves in the foot even more with things like this, I say fine.

I'd rather people do things like this than harp on false acceptance and "help" like the "ex-gay" movement does.
Back to top Go down
Simba
The Lion KING
Simba

Hell Houses.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hell Houses..   Hell Houses.. EmptyTue 10 Oct - 17:33

Ray wrote:
look at columbine seriously the kids that shot up that school were outcasts and were bullied all the time and their parents did not acnoladge them and who got the blame? Maralyn manson >_<

They Didn't even listen to Manson, which was funny to see him get blamed..They listened Rammstein, which didn't agree with the shooters motives as well..

I don't know, when I was in christian school we were always taught that Manson was on the same level as Satan..

Looking back, Who can blame him for turning out the way he did?..From his point of view I can sorta understand him...My last year in that school they had some preacher come in and tell me the evils of Rock Music..And I thought it was so stupid, He gave me these list of other bands to listen to..Bunch of them wern't close to the bands I liked at all...
Back to top Go down
Azlan
IRC Overlord
Azlan

Number of posts : 285
Registration date : 2006-07-13

Hell Houses.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hell Houses..   Hell Houses.. EmptySun 15 Oct - 11:41

I don't know what to say except that there's a fine line between forgiving people and being okay with it. Razz

Does God support abortions? No. It's still murder.

Will he forgive you if you have one? Yeah.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Hell Houses.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hell Houses..   Hell Houses.. Empty

Back to top Go down

Hell Houses..
Page 1 of 1