Hakuna Matata
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Hakuna Matata

It's A Problem Free, Philosophy...

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Maybe I'm a bit paranoid...

Go down 
+4
Simba
Azlan
-
Mugiwara
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Mugiwara
Fire Logia

Number of posts : 652
Registration date : 2006-07-06

Maybe I'm a bit paranoid... Empty
PostSubject: Maybe I'm a bit paranoid...   Maybe I'm a bit paranoid... EmptyTue 1 Aug - 23:03

http://foxtalestimes.actifforum.com/viewtopic.forum?t=1737

Stolen art? Maybe I'm just paranoid, but it looks a little too good. Can you see where I'm coming from? I'm going to ask what the lowercase b is for.
Back to top Go down
-

Number of posts : 147
Registration date : 2006-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Maybe I'm a bit paranoid...   Maybe I'm a bit paranoid... EmptyTue 1 Aug - 23:06

Mrm...I feel horrible, but I admit that it sparked my suspicions too. It does just seem so impressive that it's hard to believe someone who joined the board did it.

On the other hand, it's worth noting that my suspicions are founded on nothing more than a general disbelief that someone could be that good. And, since, obviously, someone had to draw it, that's a pretty weak foundation.

So I wouldn't call up the Spanish Inquisition.
Back to top Go down
Azlan
IRC Overlord
Azlan

Number of posts : 285
Registration date : 2006-07-13

PostSubject: Re: Maybe I'm a bit paranoid...   Maybe I'm a bit paranoid... EmptyTue 1 Aug - 23:25

That's what I thought too, but then, a little asking never hurt anybody.
Back to top Go down
Simba
The Lion KING
Simba

Number of posts : 1326

PostSubject: Re: Maybe I'm a bit paranoid...   Maybe I'm a bit paranoid... EmptyTue 1 Aug - 23:28

You know the more and more I look at it.

It does look like a strong possibility.
Back to top Go down
https://simbastudio55.forumotion.com
Spyder Fox
Girly Fox Boy
Spyder Fox

Number of posts : 466

PostSubject: Re: Maybe I'm a bit paranoid...   Maybe I'm a bit paranoid... EmptyThu 3 Aug - 2:37

I wonder why someone with that kind of ability would post their work on an AB/DL site...? I've seen most of those pics before and I'm sure many others have as well...but if those works are pretty well known, then it's pretty darn dangerous to post it on FTT...unless they don't care if people know about them being a AB/TB/DL or whatever. Not saying that it's impossible...just...doesn't seem very probable.
Back to top Go down
Ray
Admin
Ray

Number of posts : 277
Registration date : 2006-07-09

PostSubject: Re: Maybe I'm a bit paranoid...   Maybe I'm a bit paranoid... EmptyThu 3 Aug - 3:05

yea, I mean the best arteists there are Kit, Carette (sp), Costa, and a few others but that guy looks like hes a professional artest and the Street fighter3 pic of Ibuki looks like the one in the Street fighter collection edition stratagy guide.
Back to top Go down
Spyder Fox
Girly Fox Boy
Spyder Fox

PostSubject: Re: Maybe I'm a bit paranoid...   Maybe I'm a bit paranoid... EmptyThu 3 Aug - 3:55

Yeah, it sorta does look like it came from the guide...also, the poll makes it a little iffy too...asking "Is this art awesome!?" seems pretty juvenile...gah! I can't belive I said that! Oh...well...well yeah. And the whole "b" thing...notice how in the first one, the b is RIGHT on the girl's jacket. THAT was drawn right into the picture. The other's look like the b was simply inserted after the work was scanned...also notice on how the sizes of the l part of the b and the o part of the b are perfectly matched in everyone of them dispite each b being different sizes...oh sure, if she was really a great artist, doing a perfect "b" each time would be no problem right? But to make the two parts of the "b" the exact length and width and such? It may just be a "b", but to be pin point EXACT?

Maybe she could have just gotten lazy and decided to sign it that way? That's not very common for an artist to do that, ESPECIALLY one with skills like that. I'm very suspicious, not for the fact that the art is good...but the things with the b's...that's what raises my suspicions...not to mention her different changes in styles.
Back to top Go down
Azlan
IRC Overlord
Azlan

Number of posts : 285
Registration date : 2006-07-13

PostSubject: Re: Maybe I'm a bit paranoid...   Maybe I'm a bit paranoid... EmptyThu 3 Aug - 9:38

I don't know, maybe it's a watermark(?)...I've heard of people being lazy and saving a...watermark(?) of sorts as a stamp on photoshop so that everytime a picture is completed, all the artist has to do is stamp it into the picture. But then I wouldn't know. =P
Back to top Go down
Spyder Fox
Girly Fox Boy
Spyder Fox

PostSubject: Re: Maybe I'm a bit paranoid...   Maybe I'm a bit paranoid... EmptyThu 3 Aug - 9:49

I don't think so...unless he has different sizes for some reason. None of the b's are the same size mind you...if it was a watermark, then why would he have different sizes...?
Back to top Go down
Ray
Admin
Ray

Number of posts : 277
Registration date : 2006-07-09

PostSubject: Re: Maybe I'm a bit paranoid...   Maybe I'm a bit paranoid... EmptyThu 3 Aug - 11:16

it would be understanding if a watermark was hand drawn like most traditional ones
Back to top Go down
Myoti
Kopa (Simba's Son..)
Myoti

Number of posts : 212
Registration date : 2006-08-29

PostSubject: Re: Maybe I'm a bit paranoid...   Maybe I'm a bit paranoid... EmptyTue 29 Aug - 21:02

Wanna know if it's legit? Ask them to commision something for you (and make it VERY specific). If it comes out right, they probably did it (unless they asked someone else to draw it that quickly, but...).

EDIT: Ah, nevermind. She admitted it was just PSd, but still, daggum those are good. o_O
Back to top Go down
Reval
Rafiki
Reval

Number of posts : 93
Registration date : 2006-08-30

PostSubject: Re: Maybe I'm a bit paranoid...   Maybe I'm a bit paranoid... EmptyWed 30 Aug - 1:06

wow, so this is the place where people voice their suspicions without raising a fuss on the main board...nifty.

Sadly, yeah, the art was stolen. The B watermark stands for Bengal, and he's a forty something french artist who draws, colors, and publishes all his own work. I'm sure someone has said something, because the guy hasn't posted since. A shame.
Back to top Go down
Myoti
Kopa (Simba's Son..)
Myoti

Number of posts : 212
Registration date : 2006-08-29

PostSubject: Re: Maybe I'm a bit paranoid...   Maybe I'm a bit paranoid... EmptyWed 30 Aug - 20:22

Reva (Reval now?) is here!

*tackles*

Ah, so tis truly stolen, then? Hm, not too surprising, I suppose. :/
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Maybe I'm a bit paranoid...   Maybe I'm a bit paranoid... Empty

Back to top Go down

Maybe I'm a bit paranoid...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hakuna Matata :: Main-
Jump to: