Hakuna Matata
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Hakuna Matata

It's A Problem Free, Philosophy...

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What kind of fur are you?

Go down 
+16
Maxis
Lobo Roo
Meko_Kitsune
Reval
Wedge
Twilight
Spyder Fox
Zanzawolf
-
Ray
Tehthul
rinonno
Mugiwara
Ren
Simba
Alorn
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Lobo Roo

Lobo Roo

Number of posts : 52
Registration date : 2006-12-13

What kind of fur are you? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What kind of fur are you?   What kind of fur are you? - Page 2 EmptySat 16 Dec - 20:58

Uh, also a pagan....
Back to top Go down
http://www.furaffinity.net/user/loboroo
Simba
The Lion KING
Simba

Number of posts : 1326
Registration date : 2006-07-06

PostSubject: Re: What kind of fur are you?   What kind of fur are you? - Page 2 EmptySat 16 Dec - 21:01

Lobo Roo wrote:
Uh, also a pagan....

and again ummm no problem..we are a very diverse site here..We have gays, straights, bisexuals, Christians, Atheists, Asians, Latinos, Caucausions. No prejudice here...=^.^=..

I am curious as to what pagans do exactly...Cast spells or what? I am very curious about such a thing...

I'm mainly afraid You two, won't like me for being a christian rather than vice versa..^^
Back to top Go down
https://simbastudio55.forumotion.com
Lobo Roo

Lobo Roo

PostSubject: Re: What kind of fur are you?   What kind of fur are you? - Page 2 EmptySat 16 Dec - 22:35

Naw, I don't dislike a person for their beliefs (unless they believe they should murder me, or something, but you get the point) only if they try to convert me or something.

I think Ribbons may be more of a practicing witch than I am, so it's probably best to ask her about the magic part. Let's see...wicca is a polytheistic religion, but for me, it's believing that the God and Goddess are everything. We're all part of them. A mother nature bit. There is both a God and a Goddess...masculine and feminine. They are equal - a perfect balance. Since they are everything, they follow a cycle of seasons, like nature. The Goddess is the Maiden, the Mother, and the Crone...the God is her child, then her husband and fathers himself, he dies, and then is reborn when the Goddess gives birth. Around Christmas, actually - a lot of Christian holidays are set to the pagan time span. (Funny, Jesus was supposed to be born about 4 B.C. around March...)

Let's see...hmm. So that's the religion part, and there is the magic part. They're connected, I'm just not practicing. It's hard to set up in a dorm room with a roomate....
Back to top Go down
Maxis

Maxis

Number of posts : 132
Registration date : 2006-12-04

PostSubject: Re: What kind of fur are you?   What kind of fur are you? - Page 2 EmptySat 16 Dec - 22:59

Hmm, well you learn something new everyday.

And yes, apparently this isnt a prejudice site, if it was I woulda been outta here a LOOOOONNNGGGGGGG time ago! Wink
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/maxymaxis
RowanTwyla

RowanTwyla

Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2006-12-14

PostSubject: Re: What kind of fur are you?   What kind of fur are you? - Page 2 EmptyMon 18 Dec - 14:39

Well, Lobo already answered a big part of what it is to be pagan, but you should keep in mind that Pagan and Wiccan are two different things. If you are Wiccan, you are Pagan, but if you are Pagan, it doesn't necessarily mean that you are Wiccan.

And Simba...how could I hate you for your beliefs? I know I told you in a PM about this, but I do believe that Jesus was a real man, and I believe that he probably did die on the cross. I just don't follow Christian beliefs much farther than that.

Anyhow, I do cast spells. But not the kind of spells like you see in Harry Potter. The sort of spells a Wiccan casts are spells to empower him or herself. It's more a tool to focus the mind on getting something accomplished.

While many Wiccans do this by setting up a circle and using herbs and candles, these items aren't strictly necessary either. Again, they are just tools to focus the mind.

I'm Wiccan because I feel it gives me more control over my life by raising my awareness of myself. Of course, you can do this without actually being Wiccan, but I follow a similar set of beliefs as Lobo.

But...to judge someone solely based on their religion is folly. And I don't care if you're Christian, Jewish, Hindu, Muslim. Buddhist...whatever. We can all co-exist.
Back to top Go down
Lobo Roo

Lobo Roo

PostSubject: Re: What kind of fur are you?   What kind of fur are you? - Page 2 EmptyMon 18 Dec - 16:37

RowanTwyla wrote:

The sort of spells a Wiccan casts are spells to empower him or herself. It's more a tool to focus the mind on getting something accomplished.

While many Wiccans do this by setting up a circle and using herbs and candles, these items aren't strictly necessary either. Again, they are just tools to focus the mind.

But...to judge someone solely based on their religion is folly. And I don't care if you're Christian, Jewish, Hindu, Muslim. Buddhist...whatever. We can all co-exist.

I tend to use more meditation to focus than setting up a circle - but that's more becauseI don't have the necessities for that right now.

I agree with Rowan, of course - co-existing is what's important. You believe whatever you feel is suited to you, and I'll believe what I believe, and we'll all be good. ^_^
Back to top Go down
Furlock

Furlock

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2006-12-18

PostSubject: Re: What kind of fur are you?   What kind of fur are you? - Page 2 EmptyMon 18 Dec - 17:48

Babyfur wolf all the way. At first I saw myself as a hedgehog, but once I got to know myself better, (and my view/opinion of the world) I realized I was a wolf. A hunted, hated, misunderstood creature. As a relatively intelligent person among those who are...how should I put this...knot dun teh gud smaarrrtynesh, it is commonplace to feel hunted.

I'm also a misanthrope, but not in the strictest sense of the word. My fury is reserved for the incompetent.
Back to top Go down
Simba
The Lion KING
Simba

Number of posts : 1326
Registration date : 2006-07-06

PostSubject: Re: What kind of fur are you?   What kind of fur are you? - Page 2 EmptyMon 18 Dec - 17:56

Furlock wrote:
Babyfur wolf all the way. At first I saw myself as a hedgehog, but once I got to know myself better, (and my view/opinion of the world) I realized I was a wolf. A hunted, hated, misunderstood creature. As a relatively intelligent person among those who are...how should I put this...knot dun teh gud smaarrrtynesh, it is commonplace to feel hunted.

I'm also a misanthrope, but not in the strictest sense of the word. My fury is reserved for the incompetent.

you have a piccie of it?

I don't believe i've seen your piccie of your fursona..
Back to top Go down
https://simbastudio55.forumotion.com
RowanTwyla

RowanTwyla

PostSubject: Re: What kind of fur are you?   What kind of fur are you? - Page 2 EmptyMon 18 Dec - 18:17

[quote="Lobo Roo
I tend to use more meditation to focus than setting up a circle - but that's more becauseI don't have the necessities for that right now.

I agree with Rowan, of course - co-existing is what's important. You believe whatever you feel is suited to you, and I'll believe what I believe, and we'll all be good. ^_^[/quote]

I used to be all about the altar and whatnot and circle-casting but then I got to college and of course the basics aren't allowed (incense and candles) so I've begun working on meditation instead.

Oh, and just a note...Rowan and Twyla are both the kind of witch I would love to be...the kind that can cast a spell instantly (like Harry Potter!!!) although Rowan's speciality is potions-making (for shape-shifting purposes) and Twyla's spells tend to be more geared toward keeping the house clean.
Back to top Go down
Furlock

Furlock

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2006-12-18

PostSubject: Re: What kind of fur are you?   What kind of fur are you? - Page 2 EmptyMon 18 Dec - 18:21

Back to top Go down
Myoti
Kopa (Simba's Son..)
Myoti

Number of posts : 212
Registration date : 2006-08-29

PostSubject: Re: What kind of fur are you?   What kind of fur are you? - Page 2 EmptyMon 18 Dec - 19:36

I'mma bat, though not sure what kind.

I'm also a Christian (which seems a bit ironic somehow, heheh Xp ).
Back to top Go down
Lobo Roo

Lobo Roo

PostSubject: Re: What kind of fur are you?   What kind of fur are you? - Page 2 EmptyMon 18 Dec - 23:28

RowanTwyla wrote:

but then I got to college and of course the basics aren't allowed (incense and candles)

Stupid smoke alarms.

Right now, since Lobo is a fursona not a character (in my mind, there's a bit of a difference?) he's just basically me, as an anthro kangaroo. Well, there's the magic pouch. Ignoring that...

I think, however, I'm going to try and develop a dragon character that does have magical abilities. (Go, Harry Potter, go!)
Back to top Go down
RowanTwyla

RowanTwyla

PostSubject: Re: What kind of fur are you?   What kind of fur are you? - Page 2 EmptyTue 19 Dec - 14:46

Well...Rowan and Twyla are sort of both fursonas AND characters...kind of difficult to explain...sort of.

I have a bunch of other characters but they don't relate to me the way Rowan and Twyla do. That makes sense, right? I have a whole cast of characters to play with, but Rowan and Twyla are me.

Hahaha! I make sense!
Back to top Go down
Lobo Roo

Lobo Roo

PostSubject: Re: What kind of fur are you?   What kind of fur are you? - Page 2 EmptyTue 19 Dec - 19:58

RowanTwyla wrote:

Hahaha! I make sense!

I'm sure you do in *some* alternate universe. Wink I know what you mean, though...this dragon character (Galeru) has turned much more into a Scalesona.
Back to top Go down
Amy

Amy

Number of posts : 107
Registration date : 2006-09-09

PostSubject: Re: What kind of fur are you?   What kind of fur are you? - Page 2 EmptyMon 8 Jan - 6:18

usually... feline, second choice is usually a fox (arctic fox, white fur rocks with canines)
Amy be kitty though ^_^
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What kind of fur are you?   What kind of fur are you? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

What kind of fur are you?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hakuna Matata :: Main-
Jump to: