Hakuna Matata
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Hakuna Matata

It's A Problem Free, Philosophy...

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What.

Go down 
+5
Azlan
Tehthul
kais
Spyder Fox
Mugiwara
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Mugiwara
Fire Logia

Number of posts : 652
Registration date : 2006-07-06

What. Empty
PostSubject: What.   What. EmptyTue 5 Dec - 9:36

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/technology/6210068.stm

So... Now we have to be all politically correct on the internet now?
Back to top Go down
Spyder Fox
Girly Fox Boy
Spyder Fox

Number of posts : 466
Registration date : 2006-07-06

What. Empty
PostSubject: Re: What.   What. EmptyTue 5 Dec - 10:30

Oh...my...goodness... >.<

*Massages his temples.*
Back to top Go down
kais

kais

Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2006-10-01

What. Empty
PostSubject: Re: What.   What. EmptyTue 5 Dec - 10:58

"Most of the leading websites around the world are failing to provide the most basic accessibility standards for people with disabilities.

Ninety seven percent of websites did not provide even minimum levels of accessibility, a new survey has found.

Accessibility agency Nomensa tested the leading websites in five different sectors across 20 countries

Only three websites, including the British Prime Minister's site, achieved the minimum standards.

The report, commissioned by the United Nations as part of its International Day of Disabled Persons, will make depressing reading for anyone committed to the idea of equal web access for all. "

to be honest. i know this is gonna sound really evil but is if some village idiot cant find their way round the internet because they have the inteligence of a spanner then they should simply stop using it.

i say F**K YOU! to tony blair and the united nations and if they think they can ruin the internet like they've ruined every other thing they get their greasy mitts on they have another thing coming... useless t**ts
Back to top Go down
Tehthul

Tehthul

Number of posts : 39
Registration date : 2006-11-04

What. Empty
PostSubject: Re: What.   What. EmptyTue 5 Dec - 12:43

The internet is free, theres no way they can force sites to be accessible to morons.
Back to top Go down
Azlan
IRC Overlord
Azlan

Number of posts : 285
Registration date : 2006-07-13

What. Empty
PostSubject: Re: What.   What. EmptyTue 5 Dec - 16:21

Morons?

Am I the only one who doesn't think this is a huge problem? I mean, it says...

"In order to reach the minimum standards - tested against the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) - websites needed to provide adequate text descriptions for graphical content so that visually impaired people could 'read' pictures. 93% of the websites failed to meet those guidelines."

I don't see what's wrong with having alt tags on images in browsers, really.
Back to top Go down
Elven

Elven

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2006-09-13

What. Empty
PostSubject: Re: What.   What. EmptyTue 5 Dec - 18:50

What frightens me is that when I was buying some video games recently that it said you must be able to read to enjoy this game. I dunno about anyone else but the thought that some people might not be able to read enough to play a video game kinda scares me. I remember playing Final Fantasy Legend II when I was like 8. If a child can't read well enough to fully enjoy a game by the time they are the reccomended age (Teen rating) then I shudder to think the status of the world's youth.
Back to top Go down
-

Number of posts : 147
Registration date : 2006-07-17

What. Empty
PostSubject: Re: What.   What. EmptyTue 5 Dec - 19:36

-

Last edited by LeftHandedPen on Thu 21 Dec - 21:52; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
rinonno

Number of posts : 100
Registration date : 2006-09-13

What. Empty
PostSubject: Re: What.   What. EmptyWed 6 Dec - 17:57

i have no idea what its about @_@ i got confused, heh XD
Back to top Go down
Myoti
Kopa (Simba's Son..)
Myoti

Number of posts : 212
Registration date : 2006-08-29

What. Empty
PostSubject: Re: What.   What. EmptySun 10 Dec - 14:03

I go with Azlan and LHP: I find no problem in this.

I DO find issues with what Elven said (though it does seem slightly off-topic). I mean, my brother is six. He can play RPGs and read subtitled stuff perfectly fine, and yet I know highs schoolers and grown people that read/write like they're in kindergarten (If they're foreign, I'm leniante, though I've known quite a few of those that ended up speaking/writing better than most native English-speakers =/ ).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

What. Empty
PostSubject: Re: What.   What. Empty

Back to top Go down

What.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hakuna Matata :: Main-
Jump to: