Hakuna Matata
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Hakuna Matata

It's A Problem Free, Philosophy...

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Third Party..

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Simba
The Lion KING
Simba

Number of posts : 1326
Registration date : 2006-07-06

Third Party.. Empty
PostSubject: Third Party..   Third Party.. EmptyWed 4 Oct - 19:37

We need a Third Party..

Gah..I know I’m a conservative..But to me both parties are doing a horrible job, Republicans to me being the lesser of two evils…Not saying that some on the other side of the aisle do not have the right idea. I mean honestly..I find myself getting liberal each day..My stance on Gay Marriage has really softened. I really think they should have the same rights as married couples (Death Rights, Insurance, etc.), But at the same, I don’t think it should be considered a “Legal” marriage, being that I’m a Christian. This view could soften even more though (This is what happens when you chat with spyder a lot Wink). Though, I think we need to crack down on National Security and Terrorism and such, instead of being sidetracked on stupid mudslinging. I also believe we need LESS Government/

I vote we have a National Liberatarin Party..Lieberman/McCain Ticket..Our Mascot..Would be a lion or a fox..^^..
Back to top Go down
https://simbastudio55.forumotion.com
Wedge

Wedge

Number of posts : 304
Registration date : 2006-09-11

Third Party.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Third Party..   Third Party.. EmptyThu 5 Oct - 9:32

I agree with the third party idea. We need a party that will defend the rights of all citizens, regardless of their gender, age, race, religion, sexual orientation, etc... Unfortunately, the chances of a party like this coming along are about the same as world wide peace breaking out tomorrow. Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
ChrisWolfe

ChrisWolfe

Number of posts : 62
Registration date : 2006-09-13

Third Party.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Third Party..   Third Party.. EmptyThu 5 Oct - 10:25

Simba wrote:
I don’t think it should be considered a “Legal” marriage, being that I’m a Christian. .

Just so have this straight, you want the law to be a certain way, because of your relgion? You know...Because I think there's something against that in that whole, constatution thing. I'm pretty sure it's some where in there.
Back to top Go down
Wedge

Wedge

Number of posts : 304
Registration date : 2006-09-11

Third Party.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Third Party..   Third Party.. EmptyThu 5 Oct - 13:12

Thus the whole thing about seperation of church and state, which doesn't seem to apply anymore.
Back to top Go down
Simba
The Lion KING
Simba

Number of posts : 1326
Registration date : 2006-07-06

Third Party.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Third Party..   Third Party.. EmptyThu 5 Oct - 16:32

It's techinically not in the constitution..

Thomas Jefferson wrote it in a letter to someone...
Back to top Go down
https://simbastudio55.forumotion.com
-

Number of posts : 147
Registration date : 2006-07-17

Third Party.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Third Party..   Third Party.. EmptyThu 5 Oct - 18:04

Simba wrote:
It's techinically not in the constitution..

Thomas Jefferson wrote it in a letter to someone...

...L'gah.

Thomas Jefferson referred to the clause in the first amendment (or, if I remember the context correctly, its effect) as the Separation of Church and State in that letter. He didn't pull it out of his hat. The idea didn't spring forth full-formed from the head of Thomas Jefferson then and there, for crying out loud.

The fact that the phrase "separation of church and state" isn't in there doesn't change the fact that a clause which establishes said effect is.

And Jefferson was, by the way, one of the original proponents of the idea of a strict constructionist reading of the Constitution. This is a guy who angsted over whether or not to accept the Louisiana Purchase because the Constitution didn't specifically have a clause allowing the President to purchase such vast tracts of territory, even though he thought it was an immensely valuable move.

Hardly the sort of guy who just makes things up about the Constitution, y'know?
Back to top Go down
Azlan
IRC Overlord
Azlan

Number of posts : 285
Registration date : 2006-07-13

Third Party.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Third Party..   Third Party.. EmptySun 15 Oct - 11:43

Pen's right, but then, the fact that he's right is hardly surprising, ne?

Third party? Psh. Pssh...
Back to top Go down
-

Number of posts : 147
Registration date : 2006-07-17

Third Party.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Third Party..   Third Party.. EmptySun 15 Oct - 12:05

I honestly wouldn't mind a third party...but only because the Democrats have become institutionally idiotic. My ideal third party would probably be a nice, big step towards the left, though, so I suppose it's not exactly in the vein of what you're think of, Simba.

...Plus, I don't think lion or fox would work as a mascot. I'm pretty sure there's an unwritten law that your party's mascot must be laughable.
Back to top Go down
ChrisWolfe

ChrisWolfe

Number of posts : 62
Registration date : 2006-09-13

Third Party.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Third Party..   Third Party.. EmptySun 15 Oct - 12:08

LeftHandedPen wrote:

...Plus, I don't think lion or fox would work as a mascot. I'm pretty sure there's an unwritten law that your party's mascot must be laughable.

Right, I think the third parties symbol should be a playtopus. It's exotic, AND hilarios!
Back to top Go down
Azlan
IRC Overlord
Azlan

Number of posts : 285
Registration date : 2006-07-13

Third Party.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Third Party..   Third Party.. EmptySun 15 Oct - 21:51

Truly, we must emulate the legendary (?) Rhinoceros Party of Canada.

Some things their platform ran on:

Abolishing the law of gravity because it is outdated.

A law to make all back wheels on cars larger so they would always be running downhill - this saves on gas.

Legislating a lower boiling point for water - another energy saving measure.

Shipping snow from mountains to export to the Middle East to cool down the Middle Eastern conflict.

And more...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Third Party.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Third Party..   Third Party.. Empty

Back to top Go down

Third Party..
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hakuna Matata :: Politics-
Jump to: