Hakuna Matata
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Hakuna Matata

It's A Problem Free, Philosophy...

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Gah..Am I the only kid who plays/is into sports here?

Go down 
+10
Joey Jojo
Ray
ChrisWolfe
TS_Chris
Wedge
Mugiwara
Spyder Fox
-
Reval
Simba
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Simba
The Lion KING
Simba

Number of posts : 1326
Registration date : 2006-07-06

Gah..Am I the only kid who plays/is into sports here? Empty
PostSubject: Gah..Am I the only kid who plays/is into sports here?   Gah..Am I the only kid who plays/is into sports here? EmptyTue 19 Sep - 18:16

I LOOOOOOOOOOVE Football...I play it, and I loving watching it on TV..I also wrestle..

I have a respect for a lot of athletics...

So does anyone else is into sports as I am?

or Am I lonely jock lion here...Sad
Back to top Go down
https://simbastudio55.forumotion.com
Reval
Rafiki
Reval

Number of posts : 93
Registration date : 2006-08-30

PostSubject: Re: Gah..Am I the only kid who plays/is into sports here?   Gah..Am I the only kid who plays/is into sports here? EmptyTue 19 Sep - 18:32

Sword Tournies and Rugby.
Back to top Go down
-

Number of posts : 147
Registration date : 2006-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Gah..Am I the only kid who plays/is into sports here?   Gah..Am I the only kid who plays/is into sports here? EmptyTue 19 Sep - 18:34

I'm very anti-athletic, I guess. If you enjoy playing those games that qualify as "sports," good for you...but the extent to which they're milked as a status symbol, as a necessity for some, ugly ideal of masculinity, and, in their professional form, as a source of wealth, despite their relative uselessness, annoys me. Maybe if the sort of communities that tend to surround sports tapered off to something less egotistical and less crude, I'd be more interested in playing them, at least on a friendly, casual level...but as is, I avoid them like the plague.

Which, given that I'm only a few inches off from seven feet tall, made my P.E. coach from two years back despise me, I think. *chuckles*
Back to top Go down
Simba
The Lion KING
Simba

PostSubject: Re: Gah..Am I the only kid who plays/is into sports here?   Gah..Am I the only kid who plays/is into sports here? EmptyTue 19 Sep - 18:35

Reval wrote:
Sword Tournies and Rugby.

you play rugby?

wow, Thats got be hard to play...

How is it compared to football?

I Know it's wayyyyy rougher considering you guys don't have pads..
Back to top Go down
Spyder Fox
Girly Fox Boy
Spyder Fox

Number of posts : 466

PostSubject: Re: Gah..Am I the only kid who plays/is into sports here?   Gah..Am I the only kid who plays/is into sports here? EmptyTue 19 Sep - 18:36

I'm a wrestler here. ^^

I do play sports like football and stuff...just not for any organization at all...just for fun with my friends and all that. I play for fun in what ever it is I'm doing. =^.^=
Back to top Go down
Reval
Rafiki
Reval

Number of posts : 93
Registration date : 2006-08-30

PostSubject: Re: Gah..Am I the only kid who plays/is into sports here?   Gah..Am I the only kid who plays/is into sports here? EmptyTue 19 Sep - 18:39

oh yeah, wrestling too. RWF, baby! And in rugby, you bleed.
Back to top Go down
Simba
The Lion KING
Simba

PostSubject: Re: Gah..Am I the only kid who plays/is into sports here?   Gah..Am I the only kid who plays/is into sports here? EmptyTue 19 Sep - 18:40

LeftHandedPen wrote:
I'm very anti-athletic, I guess. If you enjoy playing those games that qualify as "sports," good for you...but the extent to which they're milked as a status symbol, as a necessity for some, ugly ideal of masculinity, and, in their professional form, as a source of wealth, despite their relative uselessness, annoys me. Maybe if the sort of communities that tend to surround sports tapered off to something less egotistical and less crude, I'd be more interested in playing them, at least on a friendly, casual level...but as is, I avoid them like the plague.

Which, given that I'm only a few inches off from seven feet tall, made my P.E. coach from two years back despise me, I think. *chuckles*

It's been like that since ancient times, Being perfectly honest.. A playwrite in ancient Rome or The Guy who escaped the lions den..probably recieved the same amount of admiration..

:sigh:, You should move to some small place where they didn't care about sports and played Basketball..lol
Back to top Go down
-

Number of posts : 147
Registration date : 2006-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Gah..Am I the only kid who plays/is into sports here?   Gah..Am I the only kid who plays/is into sports here? EmptyTue 19 Sep - 18:56

Simba wrote:
It's been like that since ancient times, Being perfectly honest.. A playwrite in ancient Rome or The Guy who escaped the lions den..probably recieved the same amount of admiration..

Well, first of all, no, they would've been sad he didn't get eaten. The entire point of that sort of sports show was to see someone get hurt.

...Like NASCAR.

So a better example would probably be the Olympics, which were a highly admired, ancient Greek custom.

On that note, there's a difference in a society that respects athletic achievement and a society that colors that achievement with the sort of overawed egotism that we do today. There's something noble in physical excellence for the sake of physical excellence, which was what that sort of Greek athletics focused around...and that same sort of Olympic ideal allowed for one to be an athlete and not some sort of burly, hypermasculine stereotype. The same people that were writing the plays were going out and fighting the Persians or competing in the gymnasium.

That sort of Olympic view of athletics would be the sort I could get behind. The fact that a great deal of pride was put on the pursuit in both cases doesn't make the way the pride functioned the same.
Back to top Go down
Simba
The Lion KING
Simba

PostSubject: Re: Gah..Am I the only kid who plays/is into sports here?   Gah..Am I the only kid who plays/is into sports here? EmptyTue 19 Sep - 19:00

LeftHandedPen wrote:
Simba wrote:

Well, first of all, no, they would've been sad he didn't get eaten. The entire point of that sort of sports show was to see someone get hurt.

...Like NASCAR.

I like Nascar..And not because of the crashes..it is a very competitive sport..And I don't want to see someone die from it..I cried a little when Dale Sr. died..They go extremely fast and You never know who is going to win the race until the final lap..

In football..What is more entertaining to watch to me...A 99 yd touchdown or a guy who's entire career is over from a hit..

99 yard TD...DEFINTLY..Watching some guy just because he gets hurt..is pretty sick IMO.
Back to top Go down
Mugiwara
Fire Logia

Number of posts : 652

PostSubject: Re: Gah..Am I the only kid who plays/is into sports here?   Gah..Am I the only kid who plays/is into sports here? EmptyTue 19 Sep - 19:17

LeftHandedPen wrote:

Gah..Am I the only kid who plays/is into sports here? Nerd

Gaaaahahahahahahaha.

Anyhow, I love baseball.
Back to top Go down
Wedge

Wedge

Number of posts : 304
Registration date : 2006-09-11

PostSubject: Re: Gah..Am I the only kid who plays/is into sports here?   Gah..Am I the only kid who plays/is into sports here? EmptyTue 19 Sep - 19:42

I don't really play any sports, mainly because none of them interest me that much. I'll watch a football or baseball game from time to time.
Back to top Go down
TS_Chris

TS_Chris

Number of posts : 87
Registration date : 2006-08-01

PostSubject: Re: Gah..Am I the only kid who plays/is into sports here?   Gah..Am I the only kid who plays/is into sports here? EmptyTue 19 Sep - 21:26

I've tried my hand at soccer, baseball, and basketball. I suck at them all. The only one I don't think I ever tried out for at least once was football. I think I could've done well in there.

But then as far as my favorite sport, Chess has got to be my favorite. It is a sport, even ranked as one of the most popular in the entire world, second only to soccer. (Third is the Olympics.) And hey, if you think that I'm lying, the perhaps you'd be one more for the physical equivalent: Chess Boxing.

If you think that's strange, you should read the Dwarf Tossing event. I wanna throw me some dwarves! XD
Back to top Go down
ChrisWolfe

ChrisWolfe

Number of posts : 62
Registration date : 2006-09-13

PostSubject: Re: Gah..Am I the only kid who plays/is into sports here?   Gah..Am I the only kid who plays/is into sports here? EmptyTue 19 Sep - 21:45

I like watching and playing sports a lot. I mostly just play with freinds, although I did two years of competive diving in high school.
Back to top Go down
Ray
Admin
Ray

Number of posts : 277
Registration date : 2006-07-09

PostSubject: Re: Gah..Am I the only kid who plays/is into sports here?   Gah..Am I the only kid who plays/is into sports here? EmptyWed 20 Sep - 4:38

i'm into kendo and swordsmanship
Back to top Go down
Joey Jojo

Joey Jojo

Number of posts : 146
Registration date : 2006-08-29

PostSubject: Re: Gah..Am I the only kid who plays/is into sports here?   Gah..Am I the only kid who plays/is into sports here? EmptyWed 20 Sep - 6:09

fencing, paintball, mad martial arts, and chess. i train at an olympic training center for fencing.
Back to top Go down
Kuzzy

Kuzzy

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2006-09-18

PostSubject: Re: Gah..Am I the only kid who plays/is into sports here?   Gah..Am I the only kid who plays/is into sports here? EmptyWed 20 Sep - 7:20

On rare occasions I do Paintball and Airsoft, but I have never liked the mainstream sports such as soccer and basketball. If I ever feel the need to use my body, I go for long walks or take a lap in the woods ^^. I respect the people who like sports, but I hate the people who forces me to do sports, such as my school.

Joey: Wow, an olympic training? So you are pretty deep into that sport, eh?
Back to top Go down
http://kuzzy.deviantart.com/
Joey Jojo

Joey Jojo

PostSubject: Re: Gah..Am I the only kid who plays/is into sports here?   Gah..Am I the only kid who plays/is into sports here? EmptyWed 20 Sep - 8:38

nonono. the place i go does olymipic level training. i am nowhere near that level of goodness. though i am not bad if i do say so myself Smile
Back to top Go down
Kuzzy

Kuzzy

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2006-09-18

PostSubject: Re: Gah..Am I the only kid who plays/is into sports here?   Gah..Am I the only kid who plays/is into sports here? EmptyWed 20 Sep - 13:16

Ah, I see =). So, that's like a level inside the sport. Like a class?
Back to top Go down
http://kuzzy.deviantart.com/
Wedge

Wedge

Number of posts : 304
Registration date : 2006-09-11

PostSubject: Re: Gah..Am I the only kid who plays/is into sports here?   Gah..Am I the only kid who plays/is into sports here? EmptyWed 20 Sep - 13:20

Kuzzy wrote:
I respect the people who like sports, but I hate the people who forces me to do sports, such as my school.

Same here. I might be willing to play if you ask, but I hate it when I am forced to play. Same thing with driving.
Back to top Go down
Joey Jojo

Joey Jojo

PostSubject: Re: Gah..Am I the only kid who plays/is into sports here?   Gah..Am I the only kid who plays/is into sports here? EmptyWed 20 Sep - 14:37

yup. youth/tranee level, adult, advanced, then olympic. i know some who are olympic, though
Back to top Go down
Myoti
Kopa (Simba's Son..)
Myoti

Number of posts : 212

PostSubject: Re: Gah..Am I the only kid who plays/is into sports here?   Gah..Am I the only kid who plays/is into sports here? EmptyThu 21 Sep - 21:28

I guess I'm kind of in agreement with LHP (more on the whole 'sports being too much on a sign of masculinity' deal). I mean, I'm not the kind most would probably want on their team (or was), and my dad said he was ALWAYS picked last as a kid. This is, naturally, why I always try to be the captain. ;D

It's not like I hate sports. I'll play them if I've nothing else to do (and I find basketball to be pretty fun sometimes), but I don't understand the fascination with watching them. =|

If Chess is a sport, then I can go with that as well. Not a big player, but I can still do so (and Checkers, if that counts... >.>; ).

I've played airsoft once. Got shot in the face twice. By the same kid. Nearly killed the brat. Still, it was kinda fun. XD
I would like to try out paintballing someday...

I use to be in karate (a long, long time ago) and wouldn't mind getting into some sort of martial arts again. Or, perhaps, Parkour. =D

Fencing sounds fun, too. =)
Back to top Go down
Joey Jojo

Joey Jojo

PostSubject: Re: Gah..Am I the only kid who plays/is into sports here?   Gah..Am I the only kid who plays/is into sports here? EmptyFri 22 Sep - 6:14

good fencers are the swordsmen you want to fear most. lightest weapon ever, give a fencer a sharp rapier and he will OWN you. no matter what sword style you use. its too nimble to fight against with something like a katana or BS.

oh, and look if there is an Academy of Chinese Indonesian fighting arts near you, Myoti. they are the best schools ever. they actually teach a martial art that is illegal to teach in america.
Back to top Go down
Itachi

Itachi

Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2006-08-07

PostSubject: Re: Gah..Am I the only kid who plays/is into sports here?   Gah..Am I the only kid who plays/is into sports here? EmptySat 23 Sep - 7:39

I do horse-riding myself,
You would be surprised how much hard work it is. unfortunately i havent been able to for awhile because our mare was in foal, but foals born now, and give it a couple of years il be breaking him in Smile
I also have tried my hand at Airsofting, i am pretty into it atm, i bought a G36c especially for it. Also it is a great motivational tool for keeping my brother out fo my room Smile
apart from that im pretty lazy, Altho my work is pretty physical so i stay in shape.
Back to top Go down
Myoti
Kopa (Simba's Son..)
Myoti

Number of posts : 212

PostSubject: Re: Gah..Am I the only kid who plays/is into sports here?   Gah..Am I the only kid who plays/is into sports here? EmptyMon 25 Sep - 22:52

Quote :
oh, and look if there is an Academy of Chinese Indonesian fighting arts near you, Myoti. they are the best schools ever. they actually teach a martial art that is illegal to teach in america.
That's kinda pointless since I, ya know, live in America. =p
Back to top Go down
Amy

Amy

Number of posts : 107
Registration date : 2006-09-09

PostSubject: Re: Gah..Am I the only kid who plays/is into sports here?   Gah..Am I the only kid who plays/is into sports here? EmptyMon 25 Sep - 23:10

i play hockey ^.^
field hockey that is... not ice hockey...

yeah... thats about it Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gah..Am I the only kid who plays/is into sports here?   Gah..Am I the only kid who plays/is into sports here? Empty

Back to top Go down

Gah..Am I the only kid who plays/is into sports here?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hakuna Matata :: Main-
Jump to: