Hakuna Matata
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Hakuna Matata

It's A Problem Free, Philosophy...

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

HOMECOMING WEEK! ((next week at least))

Go down 
+7
-
Feefers
Ren
Joey Jojo
Ray
Simba
rinonno
11 posters
AuthorMessage
rinonno

Number of posts : 100
Registration date : 2006-09-13

HOMECOMING WEEK! ((next week at least)) Empty
PostSubject: HOMECOMING WEEK! ((next week at least))   HOMECOMING WEEK! ((next week at least)) EmptyThu 14 Sep - 17:35

Wednesday's costume theme is..... DISNEY! *looks for a tail and cat ears :O*
Back to top Go down
Simba
The Lion KING
Simba

Number of posts : 1326
Registration date : 2006-07-06

PostSubject: Re: HOMECOMING WEEK! ((next week at least))   HOMECOMING WEEK! ((next week at least)) EmptyThu 14 Sep - 17:42

Homecoming for school?

Yup...My school did a TLKish jungle-Themed one our freshman year..of course..All the girls in my school dated emo freaks, so I was left alone..I just played poker with my friends..
Back to top Go down
https://simbastudio55.forumotion.com
rinonno

Number of posts : 100
Registration date : 2006-09-13

PostSubject: Re: HOMECOMING WEEK! ((next week at least))   HOMECOMING WEEK! ((next week at least)) EmptyMon 25 Sep - 8:40

BWUAHAHAHA, my friends just made the msot AWESOME STATEMENT

KINGDOM HEARTS IS DISNEY =P

*dresses up as sora, since he qualifies height, hair, and attitude Surprised*

Last edited by on Mon 25 Sep - 10:12; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Ray
Admin
Ray

Number of posts : 277
Registration date : 2006-07-09

PostSubject: Re: HOMECOMING WEEK! ((next week at least))   HOMECOMING WEEK! ((next week at least)) EmptyMon 25 Sep - 10:01

my school never did have homecomming......then again i went to a school where it was a good day when we didn't have a drug bust by the cops lol stupid vally stoners when will you learn
Back to top Go down
Joey Jojo

Joey Jojo

Number of posts : 146
Registration date : 2006-08-29

PostSubject: Re: HOMECOMING WEEK! ((next week at least))   HOMECOMING WEEK! ((next week at least)) EmptyMon 25 Sep - 13:37

For my classes homecoming theme, were either doing Zombies (i am soooo being a ninja, its part of our skit) or Spirit week itself. as in, dress up as normal and make fun of everyone. (spirit week is the week prior to homecoming at my school)
Back to top Go down
Ren
Princess Kiara
Ren

Number of posts : 71
Registration date : 2006-09-14

PostSubject: Re: HOMECOMING WEEK! ((next week at least))   HOMECOMING WEEK! ((next week at least)) EmptyMon 25 Sep - 14:48

Ray wrote:
my school never did have homecomming......then again i went to a school where it was a good day when we didn't have a drug bust by the cops lol stupid vally stoners when will you learn
heheh!! Pretty much the same at my school. There were 7 fights in one day. and people are proud of carrying around pictures of their kids. yipes. It isn't all bad though, but there still is no homecomming.
-----
Kingdom Hearts at school! HUZZAH!! Razz
Back to top Go down
Feefers
Aunt Fiona/Sarafina
Feefers

Number of posts : 35

PostSubject: Re: HOMECOMING WEEK! ((next week at least))   HOMECOMING WEEK! ((next week at least)) EmptyMon 25 Sep - 15:18

Mmk, i'll bite since we don't have this in the UK.

What is homecoming?
Back to top Go down
http://fionacat.livejournal.com
-

Number of posts : 147
Registration date : 2006-07-17

PostSubject: Re: HOMECOMING WEEK! ((next week at least))   HOMECOMING WEEK! ((next week at least)) EmptyMon 25 Sep - 16:41

Well, most schools here in the U.S. generally have a "homecoming" game...which, I think, is supposed to be the first sports event played "at home" for a while. I think it generally refers to the first basketball game played at home after a period of away games, but I might be wrong...we don't have a football team hereabouts, as the school is in the middle of downtown, and, hence, football games would end in lots of people being hit by cars.

In any case, "homecoming" games are generally accompanied by homecoming dances, which, in general, make up the major, school, social function of the first semester. I'm not quite sure if all schools actually hold "homecoming dances" around the time of "homecoming games," as I've never really paid attention...but that's the principle, at least.
Back to top Go down
Mugiwara
Fire Logia

Number of posts : 652

PostSubject: Re: HOMECOMING WEEK! ((next week at least))   HOMECOMING WEEK! ((next week at least)) EmptyMon 25 Sep - 17:27

LeftHandedPen wrote:
Well, most schools here in the U.S. generally have a "homecoming" game...which, I think, is supposed to be the first sports event played "at home" for a while. I think it generally refers to the first basketball game played at home after a period of away games, but I might be wrong...we don't have a football team hereabouts, as the school is in the middle of downtown, and, hence, football games would end in lots of people being hit by cars.

In any case, "homecoming" games are generally accompanied by homecoming dances, which, in general, make up the major, school, social function of the first semester. I'm not quite sure if all schools actually hold "homecoming dances" around the time of "homecoming games," as I've never really paid attention...but that's the principle, at least.

Indubitably.
HOMECOMING WEEK! ((next week at least)) Monocle
Back to top Go down
Simba
The Lion KING
Simba

PostSubject: Re: HOMECOMING WEEK! ((next week at least))   HOMECOMING WEEK! ((next week at least)) EmptyMon 25 Sep - 17:44

LeftHandedPen wrote:

Zazu!!!!!

HOMECOMING WEEK! ((next week at least)) ZazuSings

Do you have a lovely bunch of coconuts?

..Sorry Pen..But you do act like him so much, that its not even funny..

I havn't been to one dance yet in my life..To me...it's just not that important..
Back to top Go down
Ren
Princess Kiara
Ren

Number of posts : 71

PostSubject: Re: HOMECOMING WEEK! ((next week at least))   HOMECOMING WEEK! ((next week at least)) EmptyMon 25 Sep - 17:58

I only been to maybe 1 dance, and all I did was sit around and eat cheetos. I mean, I coulda done that at home! I don't really go to dances...My school is fairly new as is, so nuthin' really happens there. Plus, the location is horrible. It's out in the middle of nowhere.
Back to top Go down
Simba
The Lion KING
Simba

PostSubject: Re: HOMECOMING WEEK! ((next week at least))   HOMECOMING WEEK! ((next week at least)) EmptyMon 25 Sep - 18:01

Ren wrote:
I only been to maybe 1 dance, and all I did was sit around and eat cheetos. I mean, I coulda done that at home! I don't really go to dances...My school is fairly new as is, so nuthin' really happens there. Plus, the location is horrible. It's out in the middle of nowhere.

as is mine..
Back to top Go down
Joey Jojo

Joey Jojo

Number of posts : 146
Registration date : 2006-08-29

PostSubject: Re: HOMECOMING WEEK! ((next week at least))   HOMECOMING WEEK! ((next week at least)) EmptyMon 25 Sep - 18:05

At first i avoided dances because i thought they involved dancing. boy was i wrong. its a good way to meet people and either talk about how much dancing sucks or rocks, depending on whether you dance or not. though i may be biased, because it was at a dance that i first got a friend with the prefix girl-
Back to top Go down
Wedge

Wedge

Number of posts : 304
Registration date : 2006-09-11

PostSubject: Re: HOMECOMING WEEK! ((next week at least))   HOMECOMING WEEK! ((next week at least)) EmptyMon 25 Sep - 18:20

I have only been to two dances during my grade school career and since I don't really like dancing, they have been the only two I have been to. As for homecoming...meh, I could care less.
Back to top Go down
Amy

Amy

Number of posts : 107
Registration date : 2006-09-09

PostSubject: Re: HOMECOMING WEEK! ((next week at least))   HOMECOMING WEEK! ((next week at least)) EmptyMon 25 Sep - 22:45

blame my being australian... but what is homecoming? >.>
Back to top Go down
Wedge

Wedge

Number of posts : 304
Registration date : 2006-09-11

PostSubject: Re: HOMECOMING WEEK! ((next week at least))   HOMECOMING WEEK! ((next week at least)) EmptyTue 26 Sep - 7:02

Good question.

Homecoming is an annual tradition observed by many American towns, high schools and colleges, usually in late September or October. Its purpose is to welcome back former residents and alumni, and is built around a central event, such as a banquet, football game, basketball game, or an ice hockey game.

When celebrated by schools, the activities vary widely. However, they usually consist of a football game played on the school's home football field, activities for students and alumni, a parade featuring the school's marching band, and the coronation of a Homecoming Queen (and at many schools, a Homecoming King).

Thank you Wikipedia.
Back to top Go down
Mugiwara
Fire Logia

PostSubject: Re: HOMECOMING WEEK! ((next week at least))   HOMECOMING WEEK! ((next week at least)) EmptyTue 26 Sep - 10:19

Wedge wrote:
and the coronation of a Homecoming Queen (and at many schools, a Homecoming King).

I'm the Homecoming village idiot.
Back to top Go down
Simba
The Lion KING
Simba

PostSubject: Re: HOMECOMING WEEK! ((next week at least))   HOMECOMING WEEK! ((next week at least)) EmptyWed 27 Sep - 4:51

rinonno wrote:
Wednesday's costume theme is..... DISNEY! *looks for a tail and cat ears :O*

btw...Rhinono do you go to my school or something..lol...

Because we have disney day as well today...

of course me just wanting to avoid not looking like a macho tough guy jock..I won't be wearing anything TLK related...This is a day mainly when girls, nerds, Gay Prep kids (And before you get started I'm talking about the lame gay kids who wear abercrombie and fitch and have pics of halfnaked guys in their locker, and are very flambouyant. I'm not referring to the cool gay kids like Pen and Spyder. Who I truly respect.) and weird kids dress up...
Back to top Go down
-

Number of posts : 147
Registration date : 2006-07-17

PostSubject: Re: HOMECOMING WEEK! ((next week at least))   HOMECOMING WEEK! ((next week at least)) EmptyWed 27 Sep - 15:38

You know, Simba, locker postings and clothing labels aren't exactly much better criteria for respect than sexual orientation...and flaming gay guys are adorable. So there. Laughing

Hrm, in any case, I suppose my school's homecoming must be later than that of those around here. We've had nary a mention of spirit week stuff or homecoming yet. In any case, I don't usually participate in such...both because I rarely have the clothing to do so and because most of such stuff is too silly for me.

Still, there was some interesting drama over the whole thing, last year. "Switch" day...which I think is based around the idea of "switching" looks with another student, but basically always ends up as "cross-dress day"...is apparently a somewhat popular spirit week staple hereabouts, and, last year, we had a very...ah...conservative teacher sponsoring the SGA that sets such things up. Apparently, she insisted that the school's spirit week couldn't have a "switch day" because it violates the dress code. Which is wrong, of course.

So, the Senior class got pissed and a bunch ended up cross-dressing on one of the more annoying, unheard of days they replaced it with. It was quite amusing. So, it ought to be interesting to see if the fiasco is fixed, this year.
Back to top Go down
Mugiwara
Fire Logia

PostSubject: Re: HOMECOMING WEEK! ((next week at least))   HOMECOMING WEEK! ((next week at least)) EmptyWed 27 Sep - 21:54

Cross-dress day... Sounds like a horrible Teen Titans fanfic.
Back to top Go down
TS_Chris

TS_Chris

Number of posts : 87
Registration date : 2006-08-01

PostSubject: Re: HOMECOMING WEEK! ((next week at least))   HOMECOMING WEEK! ((next week at least)) EmptyWed 27 Sep - 22:51

We have not only the annual homecoming game and dance, but the coming parade as well, in which the band is a key element. I do not know how it got started, but we have a tradition for adding our own additional "flair" to the marching - during the cadenza, before the actual rolloff before a piece, there's a 4-measure roll down (I have no idea what percussion terms are, I play bass clarinet :p) that is repeated; the final measure is four taps on the edge of the drum, during the first time through the band members are expected to spin in place, and during the second time through we do an action called out by one of the senior members of the band; these actions are "Monkey!", "Ice Cold!", "Low Rider!", "Jitterbug!", "Tango!", and probably a few others that I cannot recall for this moment. It's all actually rather fun because of it ^_^

We were going to play Paul Simon for homecoming half-time music this year, ugh... but, we had a change of plans, for we got wind of the homecoming theme... Can you guess what it was? Here's a hint: Mugi.

That's right! We got ourselves PIRATES for our theme this year! And since our original performance of it was canceled, we get to repeat ourselves in the playing of the superly-cool awesome Pirates of the Caribbean music. Ah, Pirates. So much cooler than ninjas Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: HOMECOMING WEEK! ((next week at least))   HOMECOMING WEEK! ((next week at least)) Empty

Back to top Go down

HOMECOMING WEEK! ((next week at least))
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hakuna Matata :: Main-
Jump to: