Hakuna Matata
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Hakuna Matata

It's A Problem Free, Philosophy...

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

TV really sucks now a days...

Go down 
+7
Reval
RobTaiki
Wedge
Mugiwara
Myoti
Ray
Simba
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Simba
The Lion KING
Simba

Number of posts : 1326
Registration date : 2006-07-06

TV really sucks now a days... Empty
PostSubject: TV really sucks now a days...   TV really sucks now a days... EmptySun 10 Sep - 13:57

seriously..All I hear about from kids is how they watch 24, Lost, Laguna Beach, The OC, CSI, House, Desperate Housewives, Dancing with the Stars, American Idol and on and on and on...

All Tv is now is dramas and reality shows...

It's pretty annoying..

like that 24 show..Whats the big deal with that? like everyone is watching it, and all it seems to me is a huge Die Hard Ripoff..(Die Hard is a GREAT Movie BTW.)...

They need to get more comedies like "The Office" and "My Name is Earl" airtime...

I mean we're in a war..I want to get away from it..And guess whats on? A drama..

It's pretty stupid to me..Your thoughts?
Back to top Go down
https://simbastudio55.forumotion.com
Ray
Admin
Ray

Number of posts : 277
Registration date : 2006-07-09

PostSubject: Re: TV really sucks now a days...   TV really sucks now a days... EmptySun 10 Sep - 15:10

i barly watch tv anymore because

A) i often work backshifts so I end up missing alot of the GOOD shows such as Inuyasha and quite a few other anime's

B) I'm online more when i;m off work or resting up from said backshift with my gf and maybe a few other friends

C)...I hate reality and drama most reality shows aren't reality baced and are too overly baced on sex appel i mean the simpsons was one of the few sitcoms that took off that had very few "sexy" characters 90% of the town was overweight/obease 70% were idiots and the best episodes were when they had guest stars.

fear factor was okay but desperatly needs a change in name eating buffolo testicales ISN'T scary its gross now when they had the dangerous stunts THATS scary because you make a wrong move you can end up mamed or killed

thats my opinion on tv these days ^^'
Back to top Go down
Myoti
Kopa (Simba's Son..)
Myoti

Number of posts : 212
Registration date : 2006-08-29

PostSubject: Re: TV really sucks now a days...   TV really sucks now a days... EmptySun 10 Sep - 19:39

Quote :
A) i often work backshifts so I end up missing alot of the GOOD shows such as Inuyasha and quite a few other anime's
You put "Inuyasha" and "good" in the same sentence? o_O

But yeah, most of the stuff I really like on TV (live-action) now is the old stuff, like M*A*S*H, Everyone Loves Raymond, etc.
Back to top Go down
Mugiwara
Fire Logia

Number of posts : 652

PostSubject: Re: TV really sucks now a days...   TV really sucks now a days... EmptySun 10 Sep - 21:32

Dude, House and Lost fucking rule.
Back to top Go down
Ray
Admin
Ray

Number of posts : 277
Registration date : 2006-07-09

PostSubject: Re: TV really sucks now a days...   TV really sucks now a days... EmptyMon 11 Sep - 4:46

i like anime and Inuyasha is a great anime ^_^

i hated house and lost myself i couldn't even watch an entire episode of either
Back to top Go down
Wedge

Wedge

Number of posts : 304
Registration date : 2006-09-11

PostSubject: Re: TV really sucks now a days...   TV really sucks now a days... EmptyTue 12 Sep - 7:25

I agree that most TV is crap, which is why I don't watch things like 24, Lost, Survivor, Big Brother, most reality TV shows. The only good shows that I watch are M*A*S*H, Simpsons, Dirty Jobs, Mythbusters, InuYasha, and CSI. Anything else is mostly crap.
Back to top Go down
RobTaiki

RobTaiki

Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2006-09-10

PostSubject: Re: TV really sucks now a days...   TV really sucks now a days... EmptyTue 12 Sep - 15:12

Classic brit-coms are my absolute fave things (well, next to fantasy/action anime) I love shows like 'the Young Ones', 'Bottom', 'Only Fools and Horses'.
But I hate 'the Good Life' it's just so boring. As Young Ones character, Vyvyan says: "I hate it! It's so bloody nice! Mad "
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/robtaiki
Microwav

PostSubject: Re: TV really sucks now a days...   TV really sucks now a days... EmptyTue 12 Sep - 16:32

Discovery, Science, National Geographic, and History are my favorite channels. Rarely are programs based on senselessness, stupidity, or "reality" shown by them. You can truely learn something inspirational, intelligent, uncommon, even spiritual, while never ceising to be entertained. However, Jackass and Viva La Bam are still fun to watch, if not entirely smart. I include "entirely" because Bam, Johnny, Steve-O, etc. are trained professionals or were supervised by professionals during the making of the now-canceled shows. In moderation, stupidity is not only fun and entertaining, but provides a needed break from a world of seriousness, deadlines, high demands, etc.
Back to top Go down
Simba
The Lion KING
Simba

Number of posts : 1326

PostSubject: Re: TV really sucks now a days...   TV really sucks now a days... EmptyTue 12 Sep - 16:36

Microwave? wrote:
Discovery, Science, National Geographic, and History are my favorite channels. Rarely are programs based on senselessness, stupidity, or "reality" shown by them. You can truely learn something inspirational, intelligent, uncommon, even spiritual, while never ceising to be entertained. However, Jackass and Viva La Bam are still fun to watch, if not entirely smart. I include "entirely" because Bam, Johnny, Steve-O, etc. are trained professionals or were supervised by professionals during the making of the now-canceled shows. In moderation, stupidity is not only fun and entertaining, but provides a needed break from a world of seriousness, deadlines, high demands, etc.

Viva la bam was awesome! same with jackass!

I even got my dad to watch Jackass: the movie and he laughed his ass off..
Back to top Go down
https://simbastudio55.forumotion.com
Myoti
Kopa (Simba's Son..)
Myoti

PostSubject: Re: TV really sucks now a days...   TV really sucks now a days... EmptyTue 12 Sep - 20:16

Why do I keep hearing "Inuyasha" as being "good?" It's utterly repetitive, the plot falls apart as the series progresses, and the anime has NO ENDING. Seriously. The last episode just stop in the middle without going anywhere.
Back to top Go down
Mugiwara
Fire Logia

PostSubject: Re: TV really sucks now a days...   TV really sucks now a days... EmptyWed 13 Sep - 9:43

Myoti wrote:
Why do I keep hearing "Inuyasha" as being "good?" It's utterly repetitive, the plot falls apart as the series progresses, and the anime has NO ENDING. Seriously. The last episode just stop in the middle without going anywhere.

It's like... YAAAAR! I'M A DEMON!

YAAAAR! I'M A DEMON HUNTER!

WE ARE IN JAPAN!

GRRRRRRRRR CRYSTALS.
Back to top Go down
Reval
Rafiki
Reval

Number of posts : 93
Registration date : 2006-08-30

PostSubject: Re: TV really sucks now a days...   TV really sucks now a days... EmptyWed 13 Sep - 14:17

To each their own.
Back to top Go down
Elven

Elven

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2006-09-13

PostSubject: Re: TV really sucks now a days...   TV really sucks now a days... EmptyWed 13 Sep - 18:35

Yes I too find TV rather lacking of late.
Back to top Go down
Myoti
Kopa (Simba's Son..)
Myoti

PostSubject: Re: TV really sucks now a days...   TV really sucks now a days... EmptyWed 13 Sep - 18:51

Quote :
It's like... YAAAAR! I'M A DEMON!

YAAAAR! I'M A DEMON HUNTER!

WE ARE IN JAPAN!

GRRRRRRRRR CRYSTALS.
You forgot about the eye-liner-wearing villains that never die.
Back to top Go down
Spyder Fox
Girly Fox Boy
Spyder Fox

Number of posts : 466

PostSubject: Re: TV really sucks now a days...   TV really sucks now a days... EmptyWed 13 Sep - 19:00

But I love Sesshomaru...he doesn't deserve to die. Razz
Back to top Go down
-

Number of posts : 147
Registration date : 2006-07-17

PostSubject: Re: TV really sucks now a days...   TV really sucks now a days... EmptyWed 13 Sep - 22:38

Hm...I'll agree that Inuyasha is a show of lacking quality.

...But Sesshoumaru, or however you spell his name, is pretty, puffy pants be damned.
Back to top Go down
Mugiwara
Fire Logia

PostSubject: Re: TV really sucks now a days...   TV really sucks now a days... EmptyThu 14 Sep - 18:34

Dude, Sesshoumaru looks fucking goofy.
Back to top Go down
Spyder Fox
Girly Fox Boy
Spyder Fox

Number of posts : 466

PostSubject: Re: TV really sucks now a days...   TV really sucks now a days... EmptyThu 14 Sep - 18:38

Hee hee...says you Mugi...he's hot to me...and most of my anime fan friends like Sesshomaru. They're all straight by the way. Least I think so. ^^
Back to top Go down
Mugiwara
Fire Logia

PostSubject: Re: TV really sucks now a days...   TV really sucks now a days... EmptyThu 14 Sep - 18:44

Well, I guess this is another reason why I'm not "otaku".
Back to top Go down
Azlan
IRC Overlord
Azlan

Number of posts : 285
Registration date : 2006-07-13

PostSubject: Re: TV really sucks now a days...   TV really sucks now a days... EmptyThu 14 Sep - 18:45

Oh boy, I can't get into a huge rant on otaku and wapanese people in general, but man I hate them.

>:[
Back to top Go down
Myoti
Kopa (Simba's Son..)
Myoti

PostSubject: Re: TV really sucks now a days...   TV really sucks now a days... EmptyThu 14 Sep - 19:57

"Otaku..."

A simple bit of research on the word shows they're on bashing themselves. Of course, most of the Japanese words people use seem to be a bit off. Neutral

If you're gonna say random Japanese words, at least make an attempt to learn the dang language (like I'm doing)!
Back to top Go down
Azlan
IRC Overlord
Azlan

Number of posts : 285
Registration date : 2006-07-13

PostSubject: Re: TV really sucks now a days...   TV really sucks now a days... EmptyThu 14 Sep - 20:17

I don't even like Japanese words pronounced correctly smattered around. What's wrong with plain English, huh?

Me: Mornin'
Otaku: Ohayou gozaimasu~ ^_____^

EH. They know like...three words. Probably like typical greetings and baka, and maybe neko too. Although they will never be able to pronounce it correctly.

*fumes*
Back to top Go down
Myoti
Kopa (Simba's Son..)
Myoti

PostSubject: Re: TV really sucks now a days...   TV really sucks now a days... EmptyMon 18 Sep - 21:58

はい、 ライトフアングさん。 あの ひとたちは あほ です。

Uhhh... I actually took the time to learn the language, so... yeah. >.>;

I especially hate how they fail to realize what these words really mean.
They call 'catpeople' 'neko,' which just means 'cat' (I do have a friend who says 'nekojin,' which is... more correct >.> ), or how they refer to being 'otaku' as a good thing, when it's totally NOT.

Heck, even 'hentai' is used incorrectly (means 'wierd,' but often used to refer to perverts).
Back to top Go down
-

Number of posts : 147
Registration date : 2006-07-17

PostSubject: Re: TV really sucks now a days...   TV really sucks now a days... EmptyMon 18 Sep - 22:45

Myoti wrote:
or how they refer to being 'otaku' as a good thing, when it's totally NOT.

Well, in defense of this one, I think a lot of them are actually quite aware of the actual connotation of the word...I know at least a few of my more anime-prone friends use the term for themselves and recognize that, if they were actually in Japan, it would be a negative term.

So it's kind of, at least in a lot of cases, a sort of cross-cultural appropriation...and, at the same time, a conscious re-evaluation of the connotation of the world, nowadays, at least. It's a bit like the "nerd" subculture taking that title as a badge of honor or non-Jews using Yiddish words like "schmuck" and "chutzpah."

(*cue more general tirade not directed at anyone specifically*)

Personally, all the fuss over anime and Japan that you see all over the 'net and in real life amuses me. Sure, people who are huge, obsessive anime fans are being silly...but the other ones who flout how "refined" their anime taste is or how they're not just "some otaku" amuse me even more. You're still getting personally invested in a silly pissing contest over a matter of pure opinion...and a matter that really is just unimportant.

Sure, if there's a person who really thinks their schewed view of Japanese culture is accurate, point them in the right direction...but all this whining about "One Piece could eat Naruto!" (or vice versa) or "4Kids is the Devil!" or "OMG that's not real Japanese!" is just annoying. Go home and watch the TV shows you want to. Let others do the same. And, likewise, let them have fun imbibing as much of foreign cultures as they like, whether that's on a dilettante level or a deep investigation.

In the end, unless you'd pounce on someone reading a Thomas Mann novel and harp at them about the intricacies of German culture, you're buying into Japan's "trendy" side as much as anyone else is.
Back to top Go down
Mugiwara
Fire Logia

PostSubject: Re: TV really sucks now a days...   TV really sucks now a days... EmptyTue 19 Sep - 8:59

LeftHandedPen wrote:
Myoti wrote:
or how they refer to being 'otaku' as a good thing, when it's totally NOT.

Well, in defense of this one, I think a lot of them are actually quite aware of the actual connotation of the word...I know at least a few of my more anime-prone friends use the term for themselves and recognize that, if they were actually in Japan, it would be a negative term.

So it's kind of, at least in a lot of cases, a sort of cross-cultural appropriation...and, at the same time, a conscious re-evaluation of the connotation of the world, nowadays, at least. It's a bit like the "nerd" subculture taking that title as a badge of honor or non-Jews using Yiddish words like "schmuck" and "chutzpah."

(*cue more general tirade not directed at anyone specifically*)

Personally, all the fuss over anime and Japan that you see all over the 'net and in real life amuses me. Sure, people who are huge, obsessive anime fans are being silly...but the other ones who flout how "refined" their anime taste is or how they're not just "some otaku" amuse me even more. You're still getting personally invested in a silly pissing contest over a matter of pure opinion...and a matter that really is just unimportant.

Sure, if there's a person who really thinks their schewed view of Japanese culture is accurate, point them in the right direction...but all this whining about "One Piece could eat Naruto!" (or vice versa) or "4Kids is the Devil!" or "OMG that's not real Japanese!" is just annoying. Go home and watch the TV shows you want to. Let others do the same. And, likewise, let them have fun imbibing as much of foreign cultures as they like, whether that's on a dilettante level or a deep investigation.

In the end, unless you'd pounce on someone reading a Thomas Mann novel and harp at them about the intricacies of German culture, you're buying into Japan's "trendy" side as much as anyone else is.

Look! Look at the kitten!

TV really sucks now a days... Cutekitten

Myoti wrote:
はい、 ライトフアングさん。 あの ひとたちは あほ です。

It sucks to only know katakana.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TV really sucks now a days...   TV really sucks now a days... Empty

Back to top Go down

TV really sucks now a days...
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next